3b spares (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,
So I have just put a 3b (will be turbo'd) in my 74 40.
I know that parts are becoming more scarce and difficult to get so I want to start looking for spares for the future. I will, at some point, do a full rebuild so I'll need all of the parts necessary.
But for now-what are the recommendations on a "spare parts inventory?"
Performance parts for the future?
Also, what is the best rebuild kit to look for for down the road since I really don't see it getting cheaper in the future. thanks!

Engines Australia have good engine kits for all the toyota diesels. I would be looking around for a newer, bigger B engine like a 14B or 15B
Or the newer 3B with the vacuum pump built into the timing gear housing, that would solve future alternator problems.

Engines Australia have good engine kits for all the toyota diesels. I would be looking around for a newer, bigger B engine like a 14B or 15B
Or the newer 3B with the vacuum pump built into the timing gear housing, that would solve future alternator problems.
Thanks! those are going to be difficult due to me being in the US. are those going to be direct swaps?

I am already looking at going to an electric vac pump so that i can use an aftermarket alternator that will give me some extra amps for accessories. thanks for the input though. cheers!

are those going to be direct swaps?
About 95% direct. I think you have to grind off some bits in the bellhousing to fit the larger clutch etc. The larger B engine are not larger in dimensions , although they have reinforcing built into the block.
There are facebook pages from Australia where they discuss the 14B 15B swaps.
I would look for one thats tired and rebuilt it and use i as a long term project. The newer B engines still have plenty of parts

About 95% direct. I think you have to grind off some bits in the bellhousing to fit the larger clutch etc. The larger B engine are not larger in dimensions , although they have reinforcing built into the block.
There are facebook pages from Australia where they discuss the 14B 15B swaps.
I would look for one thats tired and rebuilt it and use i as a long term project. The newer B engines still have plenty of parts
Do they match straight up to an h55? I’m kind of torn because if I were to go to a newer motor might run with a newer automatic as well. But I wouldn’t want to have to redo a lot as I’m wrapping up a frame off right now.

I believe they do match up with the H55F from a BJ7*, others say they have done it. Some of the dynas and coasters have gearboxes resembling the H55F.

I did find an alternator that was pretty much drop in, granted I have a 2B, I think it's the same. Not sure if yours is 24 volts, mine is.
ALTERNATOR 25Amp New OE no 1002102290 for Toyota | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/183913658536 Eurostarter.de part 1240607AM

I've posted more detail about it in another thread you can find from my profile.
I appreciate it. My oem is 55 amp I believe and I’m looking for 100. I’ll be all LED except headlights or fogs. One of them will be halogens. Other than that there will just be stereo and winch and accessories but I want plenty for expansion. I was looking at the sequoia to keep it Toyota and fab a bracket. Not sure if that’ll work though. I don’t think I can (or want to) use a smart alternator and I think they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom