3B mpg in the real world... Or our corner anyways? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm considering big picture not just mpg...

Power wise, the 3B isn't compareable... 350 is 300 hp and 370(ish) ft/lbs torque... economy is the arena where the 3B is ahead.

I'd like to see 20 mpg... I think it's doable if I sacrifice a few hp and go back to a 2barell carb.

Last edited:
I don't care much for domestic V8's. In fact the only thing I hate more than a V8, is a carburator. But that's my .02.

On the other hand, the tractor like clatter of a 3b is music to my ears, add in a bit of turbo whine, coupled with 25mpg and you've got a sweet setup!

I love diesels. I'd do the swap based on that alone.

Cam

Last edited:
Been on the road since last September. :D

My dream setup would be a Cummins B3.3turbo... 85 hp 210 ft/lbs and 30 mpg to boot... New the motors are about $5000... But would be basically a bolt in affair.:D If there is such a thing. Read one post where poster claimed the saw new ones at an equipment auction for $2000 a piece.:frown:

I know the 3B is an easy swap... If I replace the rebuilt transmission and t-case with donor ones... And...

I don't care much for domestic V8's. In fact the only thing I hate more than a V8, is a carburator. But that's my .02.

You don't need to fear the carburator... ;)

On the other hand, the tractor like clatter of a 3b is music to my ears, add in a bit of turbo whine, coupled with 25mpg and you've got a sweet setup!

I love diesels. I'd do the swap based on that alone.

Cam

If I had time, the tools, and your talent I'd be all over it... But failing that, I'll just have to make do with the V8 and it's ample supply of hp and torque.:cheers:

I do have to admit I like the rumble of the dual exhaust when cruising.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom