3B + Mercedes Turbo Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have the turbo from a 300d sitting on the workbench waiting to be rebuilt. I know a few of you have put these turbos on the 3B with good results, but I have been unable to find any results of how much boost you are getting. Also what is the factory waste gate set at? Has anyone blocked the wategate completely?

I was hoping to do any modification to the waste gate while it is still on the bench.

im running one on my truck, my daily driver. its the air research t3. probably the same that u have. the stock settings blow off around 12 to 14 if i remember correctly. i run full boost and if im harmmering on it and shift at 3000 rpms its around 25psi. lots of people say too much but i've be running for a year now. you don't have to run at so much boost but its there. i have bj60 with 35 inch tires and 4.11 and can cruise 120kms\h at 2600rpm around 18-20 psi of boost and i've done it for hours at a time.

you can check my build just use the advanced search

Cruisediesel did you block the waste gate completly?

I just recently started the install on mine, it came from an early 80 (82-84) Mercedes 300D. I did my own manifold and everything. I should have it up and running in 1-2 weeks. When the shop rebuilt mine they did a test on the wastegate but the numbers were not accurate. They got an approximate reading of 19PSI boost (but again-not sure). ADP in Port Kells did the rebuild. The turbo needed a little machining on the bearing surface and they balanced it properly, $450 + tax and a 1 year warranty. If you have any questions or want to see what I'm doing give me a call, the truck is in New West. 604 - 803 - 3506. I also am doing all the guages and sensors (EGT, Oil pressure, Boost and water temp) so if you need any info on necessary parts let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom