3B IP diaphragm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please post up the link for the write up on changing out the diaphragm on an 3b injector pump.
Getting some mixed info on how hard this is...some say its 2 hours and some say its almost impossible with the motor in??? Im daily driving the 60 so I need to be careful with what I start ;)

Can someone please post up the link for the write up on changing out the diaphragm on an 3b injector pump.
Getting some mixed info on how hard this is...some say its 2 hours and some say its almost impossible with the motor in??? Im daily driving the 60 so I need to be careful with what I start ;)
Is it acting up? if not try adding leather conditioner(neat oil) on the diaphragm. The past experience when I did mine was the cotter pin was a little troublesome to reinstall.

It's fiddly but straightforward, 2 hours should be plenty at a steady weekend shed pace. I'd allow an arvo in case s*** happens.

I'd cut the leather outer off the old diaphragm to make it easy to get the pin out. It's not a big deal if you drop the pin or nut in the pump, it's a sealed cavity so it's not going to go down into the depths of the pump and screw up anything. If you aren't worried about that then it's a lot easier to get out.

Well that was easy!
Used a small flat head screwdriver to straighten the pin out and a pick to pull it out.
Small mirror was a big help.

It could be totally in my head but on my 10 min test drive the power clutch and power brakes actually felt much better. I think they run off a separate vacuum system off the alternator ? But maybe reving at 2000rpm all the time was a problem for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom