3B Injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking for a good source for injector nozzles for my 85 BJ70 in the US or CA. Anyone bought some recently at a good price??

Thanks
Chris

Can someone confirm the denso part numbers for this application? I thought all CA BJ60 and 70 series had the same nozzles in the 3B but I want to be sure.

Thanks
Chris

BJ60 and BJ70 = 3B = same injector.

Find a rebuilt shop. You will save $$ and the results is almost the same.

In Oregon try your local diesel pump & injector rebuild shop. They will test the injectors and shim them to get the correct pressure or replace the nozzels if needed.

Here in Western Nevada the service costs around $60-$100 from Diamond Diesel they are located in Sparks NV, Oakland CA and San Francisco CA.

If they need to replace nozzels they like to replace them all as a set. Just had my 13B-T injectors serviced one nozzel was stuck open, so they replaced all four of them for about $65 apiece.

i had all four serviced in abilene texas. cleaned tested and had to replace all four nozzles. $188 total cost.

Last edited:
where are you located lynchmob? it helps if you have location on your profile and what year and model cruiser with mods below. Had my injectors rebuilt cost $345

Sounds right. My injectors were rebuilt by Rob Milson in richmond at Landcruiser Industries. 300 bucks. He did it exchange. So basically we swapped injectors. I got nice fresh ones(even painted with gaskets) and he got my ole rusty carboned ones.....good deal!

Thanks for the replies.
I did some searching on the forums and found what some people were paying. My original plan was to rebuild myself as I was given an injector tester by Dan Loubier from Alberta (is he on these lists somewhere?). I called a lot of shops around town before I could find one that could get the injectors. Its a reputable shop that several of the other shops that couldnt help directed me to.
Final price is about $25 each for the nozzles and $20 each to rebuild them. Im just going to have it done to avoid the hassles of rebuilding myself.

I know mine are bad. I have had them out before and the bottom exposed section of the nozzles are dished and worn away from years of diesel spray - the vehicle smokes under load and heats up easily. I know there are other causes for these, but Im starting with the injectors as I dont think they have ever been done (270K on it now).

Ill modify my sig - Im in portland oregon and own a 1985 BJ70, 1989 BJ75, and a 1978 FJ40.

if you own a tester it would be interesting to do yourself. 4wheel auto sells just the nozzle. But then you need the gaskets and might need an assortment of shims to adjust the pressure.

if you own a tester it would be interesting to do yourself. 4wheel auto sells just the nozzle. But then you need the gaskets and might need an assortment of shims to adjust the pressure.

Well I broke down and dropped them off at the local shop this AM. They called aroud 1PM and said they were done. Ill install them tomorrow.

How much?

Disparity Canada / US

US funds
25 each for nozzles
20 each for the rebuild

4*(20+25)=US$180

cody said:
Had my injectors rebuilt cost CAN$345

Ain't that typical US/Canada math... :frown:

And to think that some people are actually offended when I mention how expensive they are, and wonder why so much south of the border shopping is going on....

Guys, it's up to $400 tax and duty free per person now for a minimum stay of two days... Always pays for my travel expenses... You can get a lot of $9.99 oil filters that cost $34 here, air filters for $12 that cost $50 here, and on and on... ;)

And I won't get into cell phone service!!!

Just had to vent...

4*(20+25)=US$180

And to think that some people are actually offended when I mention how expensive they are, and wonder why so much south of the border shopping is going on....

Guys, it's up to $400 tax and duty free per person now for a minimum stay of two days... Always pays for my travel expenses... You can get a lot of $9.99 oil filters that cost $34 here, air filters for $12 that cost $50 here, and on and on... ;)

Just had to vent...

I could send you a few "gifts" if there is something you are after and the shippings not too bad. I actually used to look forward to buying certain things in CA - including parts, but the exhange isnt as favorable as it used to be.

4*(20+25)=US$180

Just had to vent...
I've got an idea! How about you just move to the US so we don't have to hear you complain about how much more things cost in Canada on every one of your posts. :shotts:

I've got an idea! How about you just move to the US so we don't have to hear you complain about how much more things cost in Canada on every one of your posts. :shotts:

Yes, free/cheap social services like Medical Care cost money that have to be paid somehow. That is why everything is more expensive in Canada - it costs businesses here more money to operate than in the US. However, there are some businesses here that do gouge people. Most are just trying to make an honest buck.

Don't complain too loudly about costs in Canada unless you are willing to pay for medical insurance like they do in the US. Feel free to complain about businesses here who think they got you by the balls. Their customer service and support attitude makes it pretty obvious.

I bought my injectors in Auz becuase the local fuel injection shop was just out to gouge me just like the local importer. Hiflo had provided a lot of free good advise, so I went with them.

Sorry I offended you, Sheldon... But why do you always make a point to react angrily every time I complain about high (apparently mostly western) Canadian pricing policies? It hardly helps foster confidence in your own pricing practices. Others have reacted in a perfectly civil way to my querries (thanks MOT).

With all due respect and sorry if I sound patronizing, but I have the impression that you would love to help but don't know how and it frustrates you. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and you think pricing and money is secondary and if that is so, we are at odds because by nature I am against the culture of money. If that is the case, let's agree to disagree.

However, if your anger is out of frustrated concern, why don't you answer something like "Canadian pricing is twice that of that in the US because we actually have to buy retail in the US, have to add transport, customs and then our own markup" and offering alternatives for those who can buy directly instead of reacting angrily, giving no reasonable explanations and basically treating prospective clients as if they were unsophisticated, ignorant and should not even be asking questions and should just repeat after you "buy local, it's good for all of us"...

I understand you dislike my ranting but come on! Reacting negatively to legitimate consumer concern hardly reinforces confidence in "Buying Canadian"...

Yes, free/cheap social services like Medical Care cost money that have to be paid somehow. That is why everything is more expensive in Canada - it costs businesses here more money to operate than in the US. However, there are some businesses here that do gouge people. Most are just trying to make an honest buck.

Thank you!

Don't complain too loudly about costs in Canada unless you are willing to pay for medical insurance like they do in the US. Feel free to complain about businesses here who think they got you by the balls. Their customer service and support attitude makes it pretty obvious.

I bought my injectors in Auz becuase the local fuel injection shop was just out to gouge me just like the local importer. Hiflo had provided a lot of free good advise, so I went with them.

Thank you again.

Firstly, for noting the medical system differences. We have this discussion often when I go to my inlaws. My sister-in-law is a registered nurse and believe me, insured or not, you get treatment fast. If you have money, of course you pay, and you pay big time! ($5000 for a broken leg, $10,000 and up for a cardiac arrest) But if you don't, they won't say "Sorry' and let you die. Now don't get me wrong, I think that ethically, we have the best system. In practicality, however... Let's just say there are too many stories of old folks dying while waiting for treatment that could have saved their lives...

Secondly, I second you for getting your injectors at a more reasonable cost. And from Oz on top of that! When I got my oil filters in the US, from Toyota mind you, for $9.99 (instead of the $30 plus canadian dealers want for it), I mentioned where I got them for all to benefit from it. I undoubtedly made some enemies then, but I'm sure a lot of other Cannucks quietly took note of it.

As for the care you got from that Australian company, that is exactly why I went with the importer I dealt with. He didn't shrug me off in annoyance like another one did when I was in my selection phase. Heck I was ready to go with one of the other big names on the web, instead I went with an small unkown, but who was always there to help. Thanks Paulo! :beer:

Sorry I offended you, Sheldon... But why do you always make a point to react angrily every time I complain about high (apparently mostly western) Canadian pricing policies? It hardly helps foster confidence in your own pricing practices. Others have reacted in a perfectly civil way to my querries (thanks MOT).

With all due respect and sorry if I sound patronizing, but I have the impression that you would love to help but don't know how and it frustrates you. Or maybe I'm totally wrong and you think pricing and money is secondary and if that is so, we are at odds because by nature I am against the culture of money. If that is the case, let's agree to disagree.

However, if your anger is out of frustrated concern, why don't you answer something like "Canadian pricing is twice that of that in the US because we actually have to buy retail in the US, have to add transport, customs and then our own markup" and offering alternatives for those who can buy directly instead of reacting angrily, giving no reasonable explanations and basically treating prospective clients as if they were unsophisticated, ignorant and should not even be asking questions and should just repeat after you "buy local, it's good for all of us"...

I understand you dislike my ranting but come on! Reacting negatively to legitimate consumer concern hardly reinforces confidence in "Buying Canadian"...

Wow! Actually I am not angry or frustrated at all... just tired of hearing the same song over and over. It was not a case of not knowing how to help, I do know and it was already well covered by the first 5 guys that replied to the post, good advice guys. And what was it that you offering in the way of injector advice?
You are against the culture of money and yet seem so preoccupied with it. Yes, we probably are at odds.
I believe we should all be smart consumers of course. But I also believe that "the lowest price isn't always the best deal", I also believe in "pay peanuts, get monkeys" and of course my personal favorite "Low Price, Service, Quality... pick any two"
I believe there is great value in supporting local independant businesses even if it costs a little more because I don't want to live in a world where Walmart and the Dollar store are the only shows in town..

And in the words of Forest Gump...that's all I have to say about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom