3b injector nozzles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i want to rebuild my injectors for my 3b diesel and i have done abit of research here and have come up with two part number and i am not sure which to order.

DN4SD24ND80

DN4sd24

dn4sdnd135

From what i understand all 3 are interchangeable but i dont underatand the differences.

Could anyone tell me which i should get? I have heard the dn4sdnd135 and 80s flow more than the DN4sd24.

Would it work better with a turbo?

Also i am looking at monark and denso injector nozzles which is better?

Thanks

What year is the engine, is it a rotary pump or inline??

I replaced the original 80s with dn4sd24s. The pin that sits in the stream on the 80s was slightly smaller so they would flow a little more. I have a photo of this somewhere on the forum.

Honestly despite the terrible pattern on the original injectors I noticed no difference with the new nozzles but the car was off the road for over a month so the memory might have been fuzzy. Fuel economy didn't change.

There are at least two different injectors for the 3b. the difference is the spray angle. I believe it changed somewhere around 85. Not sure wich number is which. Either will work But I’m guessing it was an upgrade around the same time they changed to a five bearing cam.

Last edited:
So i looked on toyodiy and it tells me 23620-68010 which is the dn4sdnd135 or a denso part number is 093400-1350
I googled that denso part number and i came across some old stock genuine denso nozzles for 59$aud which is alot chaper then monark at 200$ so i got them.

Although mines a 1985 bj70 its listed for a bj42 but i guess if partnumbers match it should be fine?

Hopefully this helps with fuel economy as right now it does 15l per 100km which i think is alittle excessive even after turning the fuel down abit didnt make much difference.

Screenshot_2018-04-30-08-18-34.png

Screenshot_2018-04-30-08-18-26.png

Hopefully this helps with fuel economy as right now it does 15l per 100km which i think is alittle excessive

Are you getting heaps of black smoke?

Yes at night with cars behind me on acceleration lots of smoke even after turning pump down.

Not sure if injectors or i have to turn the fuel down more

Bought a pop tester aswell so il check old nozzles and post up results

This is the pop tester cost $100 aud

Was going to build one out of a hydraulic jack but by the time i buy the fittings guages and injector line it wouldnt be much cheaper

Screenshot_2018-05-02-08-17-29.png

Screenshot_2018-05-02-08-17-49.png

Good idea. That smoke you see at night is mostly heat shimmer distorting the light from the cars behind

So i have started to rebuild the injectors i have done one so far.

Lapped all the mating surfaces from 80 grit to 1200 grind wet sand.

My old injector spray pattern was all over the place il post a video of one soon and only one injector chattered very slightly.

Also the old ones poped open at 1300psi the manual states 1500 psi

I got slightly thicker shims and its set it at 1750psi pop pressure

Is this too high or is it ok.

Also it has a after market turbo fitted if thats makes a difference to the pressures?

Thanks

So i have started to rebuild the injectors i have done one so far.

Lapped all the mating surfaces from 80 grit to 1200 grind wet sand.

My old injector spray pattern was all over the place il post a video of one soon and only one injector chattered very slightly.

Also the old ones poped open at 1300psi the manual states 1500 psi

I got slightly thicker shims and its set it at 1750psi pop pressure

Is this too high or is it ok.

Also it has a after market turbo fitted if thats makes a difference to the pressures?

Thanks

How did it work out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom