3b/h55 clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to replace the clutch on my project fj/bj. right now it i have a 3b from a 81bj in it, with a h55 5speed sitting behind it.

id like to find a clutch kit from rock auto if they sell them but am confused as which to buy.

rock auto doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that the bj42 came with a 3b

anyone help out on a cheap clutch kit?
engine Gone! 020.jpg
engine Gone! 021.jpg
engine Gone! 022.jpg

Bought mine from Specter off road. No real reason to use a clutch with more pressure. Ran my diesel through Rubicon and didn't have to slip the clutch once. And my wagon is a good 1000 lbs or more heavier than a 42.

And wheres the pics of the H55, tranny in the pics is a four speed....

Tony

Just put in Rock Auto that its a BJ60. The clutch stuff will be the same either way. Just make sure you get the right spline count. When I was looking at them a couple of months ago, 2 of the 3 clutch kit options (for a 4 speed to 3B) had the 10 spline disk, which is wrong.

I also looked into Napa. They can get the correct clutch as well.

Good luck! :cheers:

id like to find a clutch kit from rock auto if they sell them but am confused as which to buy. rock auto doesn't seem to acknowledge the fact that the bj42 came with a 3b

For a year now, I have been trying to get Rock to change their Land Cruiser engine data. They have promised to do so, but so far its all still wrong. Suggest all IH8MUDers to email rock's customer service to complain.

I have lots of kits in stock...

The bellhousing should be separated at the engine, not at the transmission on this series.

~John

sorry for posting pictures of the 4speed instead of the 5, turns out i dont have any shots of the 5 :)
\
thanks all on the ideas for the clutch. ill do some lead chasing

I have lots of kits in stock...

The bellhousing should be separated at the engine, not at the transmission on this series.

~John

Thanks John, in this photo i wasn't really putting it together , more of a mock up. (no pilot bearing , ect)

PM me with a price on your clutch kit. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom