3B fuel adjustment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just installed a turbo on my 3B and now I need to adjust fuel delivery. I've read through a few other posts but I would like I little confirmation before I go at this nut that will not budge.

b1b2b4fd-9e0f-492d-a664-c67df442dce1_zpsvwvr3itv.jpg

So I need to loosen the nut circled in red and then rotate the "puck/drum" to adjust fuel?

Hello Zigzag, you are correct. Loosen the locknut on the left, then rotate the drum(which is actually the HAC or High Altitude Compensator).
I believe to the right/ clockwise? My memory thinks, as that will allow more fuel. I would suggest putting a mark with a sharpie so that you can track your turn. Also, I am assuming you know your current EGT's before your adjusting these fuel settings?

Thanks for the confirmation! I haven't adjusted it yet. My temps seem pretty low but I want to do a few more test runs. Cruising at 55mph in 4 gear I am running just under 650 degrees F. I will search out a few hills to see what I can get for a max temp.

You dont feel the real 3b power until you disconnect the waste gate and turn the fuel up 2.5 turns. I have 23 psi at my disposal but I only reach that when passing some one. My truck is happy doing 120kms @ 2300 rpm w/15 psi boost.

There is a vacuum line that goes from the IP to the throttle body. Hose clamp that line because if it blows off. Your engine will run away on you. Yes.... RUN AWAY!

WHich leads me to believe that I could put an over fueling setting/push rod on the IP to increase power even more:)

And YES, I have blown up an engine or two. Life is short.

There is a vacuum line that goes from the IP to the throttle body. Hose clamp that line because if it blows off. Your engine will run away on you. Yes.... RUN AWAY!

Ha!! That was my Saturday night! It blew off while on a test ride. I held it in place with some gorilla tape until I could get home and put a proper clamp on it.

How does a 3b get 200 hosrepower?

Here is an example of what I originally did. As I liked the stock air filter and wanted to use it. This was in my 42 series so there isn't a whole lot of room. Whereas some of the other body styles have extra room, different configurations are possible.

IMG_0279 - Copy.JPG

You dont feel the real 3b power until you disconnect the waste gate and turn the fuel up 2.5 turns. I have 23 psi at my disposal but I only reach that when passing some one. My truck is happy doing 120kms @ 2300 rpm w/15 psi boost.

WHich leads me to believe that I could put an over fueling setting/push rod on the IP to increase power even more:)

And YES, I have blown up an engine or two. Life is short.

Can you point to exactly where i should put this clamp on!!! I dont wanna go down the runnaway hole

X2^^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom