3b engine swap??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As anyone done a 3B engine swap on an FJ-40? I'm considering this swap but not sure how it will turn out. I think It should bolt right up with little modification but really not sure. Any advice would be nice.

I also have a diesel engine from an 80s Mercedes car that I thought about using.... I really just want to put that engine in something and thought this would make a great home. Looking for the torque of a diesel to get me up the rocks.... Has anyone ever done this?

HIT ME UP AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OR WHAT YOU'VE DONE

the 3b has very similar weight, power and torque as the 2f. your not going to have a torque monster just because its a diesel.

having said that , i have swapped in a 3b and h55 into my 75 fj. Im not the first, and wont be the last. have a look in the diesel section of the forum and use the search function. there are a great number of threads detailing the process and parts required for such a swap.

ps you might want to post a location (3b's are a little more rare in America and you could end up paying 10 times the cost for one)

Thanks.... I'm in GA. USA I kinda figured they would be expensive that's why I was considering the Mercedes engine I have.... Thanks for the info.

Which Mercedes engine? Swaps with those from a 300 D have been several times. A few different options on conversion parts.

The input shaft on a 3B diesel transmission is longer... but it has been done many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom