3b engine stand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm buying a spare 3B engine. Does anyone know of a solid engine stand that will work with this engine ?

I'm buying a spare 3B engine. Does anyone know of a solid engine stand that will work with this engine ?
Howdy! Harbor Freight has one rated at 1000 pounds for $70, and another one rated at 2000 pounds for $120. I'd get the heavy duty one if it will be moved a lot or mounted for a long time. John

Cool. I'll cruise over there and check it out. Thank you.

I gots a H/F 1,000 lb stand and it seemed decent enough, gots an engine crane too it seems to work fine. Second on the 2,000 lb unit, the 3B is a heavy unit. Best guess is ~700 lb.

I've got a spare B engine hanging on one of the cheap chinese 1000 pounders (harbour freight, princess auto, etc) and it's just fine for engine storage (figure on 600 lb for the engine). A bit on the hard side to get rolling on rough old concrete... and get a BIG bar for rotating the engine on the pivot!!! But the price is certainly right!

I'm looking for something that I'll be able to run it on to test and tweak it. Something I can get underneath without worrying about the engine falling on my head

BII, The stands that most of these blokes are talking about are the ones that you assemble/disassemble a motor on, NOT run a motor on. It should be easy enough to make a frame to run an engine on though. Bit of 3x2 box steel and a welder and a dash of imagination..... :cool:

BII, The stands that most of these blokes are talking about are the ones that you assemble/disassemble a motor on, NOT run a motor on. It should be easy enough to make a frame to run an engine on though. Bit of 3x2 box steel and a welder and a dash of imagination..... :cool:

Yea, that sounds like a sweet setup. Same dimensions as the frame, boxed with sturdy legs. Then bolt the framework to the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom