3b diesel water leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So i have a coolant leak under the waterpump which ends up ontop of the timing cover and leaks down.

I thought it was the water pump but after changing that it still leaks once it gets hot and pressurised. I noticed there was a welsh plug behind the pump on the block but didnt think much of it as it looked in good condition and no coolant stain marks.

Does this sound like the possible cause? What else can cause a leak in that area? Cracked block?

Does anyone no if the welsh plug is 51mm or 35mm?

Thanks

The thermostat housing is right above the water pump. If your sure the water pump and gaskets are good it’s either leaking from above or behind.

Last edited:
hi , i have had a similar leak and i found it was the bypass hose leaking, it is under the tstat housing above the pump
CAM00016.jpg

it was leaking were it enter on the tstat housing and i found the water on the block behind the tstat.

...maybe not related but then my radiator start to leak from the top and i found that the big hose bacame hard so i take off the tstat .
ùi buy a new one and i tested them together: the old one (40 years old) opened the half lenght of the new one
i put the new one in place and now it seem to be ok
hope help you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom