3b cylinder head coolant leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 3b diesel and i have been having a issues with water leaking on the left side back (looking from the front) i can see random drops of water just before the bellhousing on the block so i think its from the head.

The backstory is i had this issue a while ago so i decided to do the headgasket thinking it was the issue so i upgraded to the toyota MLS headgasket with copper spray and it still does the same thing with the new gasket.

I cheacked all the welsh plugs that i could see when it was off they looked all good
and when running there not wet either at the back of the head

but im lead to believe theres small ones under the exhaust manifold behind some headbolts? I didnt notice these when i had the head off.

so these could be a possibility?

But the main problem i am having is that it happens very randomly whilst idling (havnt driven yet) you will see a few drops on the block then it will stop.

I even got a pressure tester and pumped to 20psi for half and hour not a single drop?

Started it up and not a single drop today?

It has me stumped as when it does leak i run my fingers under the exhaust manifold but cant feel any water.

What should i do now? This has me very concerned.

Another thing to not the head was in very good conditon when i took it off no cracks betweem valves precuos only slight cracks but still replaced.

And no corrosion inside water galleries at all.

Yes there is tiny core plugs buried in the exhaust side that could very well be your problem. The head is off mine at the moment so I can grab pics if you want?

Okay so there's 4 of these little core plugs, one between each ex port and one under your power steer bracket.

They're quite a way in and the head bolts go in front of them so it's head off to replace them.

A bore scope (cheap on eBay) would be ideal to poke under the manifold and see if they're leaking.

DSC_0683.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom