3B clutch source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was kits on ebay for a while- really cheap. $105USD or something like that.

Do a search on ebay for "toyota clutch 3.4l". That may bring something up.

Last edited:
You can get them from few places. The OEM kit from Toyota being one, but you can also pick up an aftermarket kit from Lordco. I'm sure Napa would carry something too? If you never want to replace it again, go for the OEM kit, the original clutch in my BJ60 lasted 22 years/350,000km before needing to be replaced.

thanks. i think i still have the original one as well at 420km. It still works ok, but is starting to rattle a bit. the clutch plate is very worn as well.

Andy

i bought a kit from napa a few years ago and i dont remember what brand it was but it did have an alignment tool but the clutch kit cost about $345 cad. it might have been a heavy duty or premium kit. much easier getting at the bolts on top of the bellhousing after a 1" body lift though.

You can also have the clutch rebuilt if you have some time and the 'Cruiser is not your main source of transportation. I had mine rebuilt for about $100 and it included the clutch disk AND pressure plate. It's been in the truck for over 100,000 kM's and it's been to Central America and back several times.

I just ordered a kit too, 330 from duncan auto was the best price I could find. some prices went right up to 600. have to see if it's the right one yet tho.

haven't had much luck lately with parts ordering.

Interestingly, Lordco had a listing for a reman clutch and pressure plate for 134 bucks, but couldn't find one anywhere.

Stay away from NAPA, they sell a kit that's good quality, but it's the only kit I've ever seen that doesn't come with an alignment tool.

Alignment tool? Who uses those? Eyeballs and fingertips are all you need brother!

HAHAHAHAHA! You feel the perimeter of the clutch with your fingertips, not your eyeballs, and you can tell if its even between the pressure plate and flywheel. That's what I do anyway, if I don't have the tool which is most of the time.

heh, yep I've done that before, on a vw many moons ago, changed the clutch and pressure plate in 45 minutes, driving into the driveway, and driving out.

kit i bought came with an alignment tool. course, it also came with the wrong pilot bearing, so that made for yet another trip into town. but, done now, we'll see if it works or not in a couple weeks.

cheers,
ryan

i installed a centerforce clutch and pressure plate in my camaro. i sure the feel of it. i think it was $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom