3B break down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had a 3B laying around for a long time that was locked up, decided to open it up and see whats going on and so far it looks really good.. Might be the rings are frozen to the cylinder walls from sitting outside for years.?
IMG_6312.JPG
IMG_6311.JPG
IMG_6305.JPG
IMG_6302.JPG
IMG_6299.JPG

That’s ugly. Old wrecking yard trick I remember is automatic transmission fluid
in the cylinders for a few days frees up the stuck rings.

IMG_6322.JPG
IMG_6321.JPG
IMG_6320.JPG
Mix of acetone and auto trans fluid

Precups craked, lifters shot and spun baring in the rear most cylinder... otherwise it looked darn mint.

Decent little teardown! Loving the shots of the pitted out lifters (probs due to the old oil becoming acidic?)
Im curious to see what the oil pump looks like, maybe more of the same pitting?:worms:

Decent little teardown! Loving the shots of the pitted out lifters (probs due to the old oil becoming acidic?)
Im curious to see what the oil pump looks like, maybe more of the same pitting?:worms:
Going to rebuild?

Pulling out right now
Going to rebuild?
i
Yes, going to get the better pistons with the rebuild kit...list is getting longer.
Injectors rebuilt
Fuel pump cleaned inspected
precups
Hot tank block head

Thanks to Graham for donating a crank...and Keith for getting me rebuild kits in the future for trans and transfercase..

The front part of the case also has some heavey grooving in it.

I wonder what he got for it. I called him and he wanted $3800!?! For an old tub that needed rust repaired.

Picking up block and head from hot tanking, going to mask it and paint it. My buddy has made his own custom sleeve puller will also install the new liners. Toyota still sells new lifters at 17 dollars each..might change out the oil pump and pressure spring with OEM stuff. Need new precups, I think the engine company sells them from Australia.

Might be the one the nastier jokes... Hope I dont forget any sockets in the pistons..

Crank in for a polish, going to send cam in for a regrind, ordered oem lifters from toyota today. Rebuild kit showed up 4 days from ordering. New sleeves pistons, pre cups gasket kit etc. Dropped of cam bearings for machine shop to install.. My machining is very minimal, looking for a exhaust lifter spring as one was broken..Pictures to come as stuff arrives from the machine shop

Waiting on OEM parts valve springs, 8 new lifters and one exhaust rocker..
IMG_7192.JPG
IMG_7196.JPG
IMG_7197.JPG

In need of a CRANK, this crank was magnaflux and did not pass...

Got my new OEM lifters from Mr. Toyota..my new supplier of parts is selling me lifter springs inner and outers plus valve guides for less than half of toyota and they are OEM. Took 3 weeks plus for the lifters and back ordered valve springs, I canceled the valve springs and my new guy will get me the parts in less than 7 days. Toyota parts direct..
IMG_7301.JPG
IMG_7302.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom