3B block heater (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my 42 never came with a block heater which im not sure why. It has the roll down rad cover in the front but no block heater. I wanna ad one for some reason but i cant find the definitive answer to which one and what frost plug it should go into. Ive seen a few different part # and diff opinions on which one fits the best.

I have a inline heater sitting here new in a box haha. I still would like to have a block heater instead. I found the proper part # 3100011 but nobody has it in stock

I like the inline ones

I have a inline heater sitting here new in a box haha. I still would like to have a block heater instead. I found the proper part # 3100011 but nobody has it in stock

I just bought a Tempro off the shelf from NAPA autoparts. They carry the line and had lots of different ones in stock. For my application I went with the 3100024.

I believe the 30mm is the correct one. Ill hit up napa tomorrow see what they have before i order

Look like a PITA to get this out

20180121_123608.jpg

20180121_123815.jpg

The one I have on the 3B in the garage looks like above and I can make out LR336, I think. I tried to remove it for measurement but it’s behind the IP and I can’t get a flathead directly on it.

Shouldnt be too hard to get that out. I did mine on my duramax in feb and that really sucked. Might need to use a right angle screw driver to get in there. Is yours more to the back of the block Jim?

Yes its pretty packed in there. Could you just pull the fuel filter mount off and have more room. I was scouting around the IP tonight for when the turbo goes on i need to adjust the pump t iretard the fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom