3B bellhousings

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by cruiser_guy, Oct 27, 2005.

1. cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

Hopefully the Aussies can help me here. Do all 3B's have the same bellhousings or is the Coaster/Dyna bellhousing different from a 'Cruiser?

2. The Dude

The Dude

I know I have two different bellhousings for the 3B. Same bolt patern on both ends but one has a cross member bracket and one does not. Also those out of the 42's don't have the tack sensor.

I know, not what you are looking for... :)

3. crushers

crushers post ho

are you sure that the one with the frame mounts on it is for a 3B? the only one i have seen like that is the 77-78 B series engine BJ40...
    cheers

4. cruiser_guy

cruiser_guy

Basically what I need to know is when I get my 3B down here it will be from a Dyna or a Coaster. I'm going to the wrecker tomorrow to get an H41 because the Dyna tranny I'm told is not 'Cruiser compatible. When I get the tranny, should I also get the 3B bellhousing? I assume the "B" and "3B" bellhousings have the same bolt pattern if that's what the tranny ends up coming from.

5. The Dude

The Dude

You are correct Wayne. My 78 that I swapped in a 3B using the B housing is the one with the cross member..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.