3B aftermarket temp gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

plink01

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys there is a few threads on this but i can't really find the answer i'm looking for.

20210603_174039.jpg

I'm installing an aftermarket temp gauge as i don't really trust the Toyota one all that much. I'm just wondering where to put the sender. On my thermostat housing i seem to have 3 ports. One is obviously the OEM sender in the middle. The square bolt one to the left seems to be just a plug. But the third hex one to the right of the OEM sender i'm not sure what that ones for.

Ideally i'd like to use the port with the square nut but as has been posted a lot in other threads, that bolt seems to be impossible to remove! I could get a breaker bar onto it but i'm worried ill crack the housing. The hex bolt to the right of the OEM sender would be much easier as i could remove the battery and rattle gun that off no dramas. But i'm just wondering if it serves some other purpose.

Also does anyone know what size adapter i would require for the sender. The sender itself is 1/8 NPT but i'm not sure what the adapter size is i'd need. And it makes it hard to find out as once I've removed the bolt the car is immobile. I'd like to have it ordered before i remove it and dump coolant everywhere.

The easiest option would be to just buy the inline radiator hose adapter and cut the top radiator hose in half. But i like the OEM hose and i don't like the idea of having two more joins in it. Using one of those thermostat ports would be a lot neater.

I hope that all made sense.

Thanks!

Awesome, thanks for that. Im in Aus so we don't have Speed shop, but if you know the size of the adapter I need ill be able to order one.

I have some square sockets at work and hopefully I have one that size. I might try busting open that bolt with those.

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom