Wanted 3B AC pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im adding AC to the 3B.
Looking for the Middle Pulley I looked it up as 88451-25020.
attachment.php

Most rearward is Water pump & Alt. Next forward is the one I'm looking for AC , and the most forward is for the power steering.

VT , Please PM me

Last edited:
Nice picture! I hope it helps you locate a pulley. Have you tried 4Wheel Auto in Edmonton?

I will now CanCrusher ..
Yes great shot, I think of your setup and cruiser_guy posted pix, It's hard to fab up anything till I know the belt offset. Seeing you posted the info of belt part# your using , The pulley must be narrower than the stock 3B industrial size. My AC (Cooler) Compressor is from a 2F , and also has a 11.9/12mm belt size for all of there pulleys if i remember correctly.

I will call the 4wheel and a few others .
VT

The AC compressor I used also came off of an FJ60 (1986). The Toyota AC pulley is narrower than the PS and Alt belts. The 15 width is perfect, don't trust the length that I gave you previously as just last night I did a further mod on the bracket and will now be requiring a little shorter belt than before.

As I read your message over again I think you are confusing the belt widths from the FJ which are as I recall all the same. Not so with the 3B.

I am just about back on the road. Truck is drivable again, waiting on delivery of a couple of rolls of BQuiet to install before I put the carpets back down. I am pretty confident in this engine after replacing the head casting and going through the bottom end I am sure there are plenty of KMs left in it. Seems to make good power and I have not yet tweaked the fuel. I need highway loads to do that comfortably.

Bob

I will now CanCrusher ..
Yes great shot, I think of your setup and cruiser_guy posted pix, It's hard to fab up anything till I know the belt offset. Seeing you posted the info of belt part# your using , The pulley must be narrower than the stock 3B industrial size. My AC (Cooler) Compressor is from a 2F , and also has a 11.9/12mm belt size for all of there pulleys if i remember correctly.

I will call the 4wheel and a few others .
VT

2F Belt widths

Here I am, wrong again. I had forgotten that I had pictures of the 2F when it came out of the Texas chassis. Appears in the photo that the PS and Alt belts on the 2F are wider than the AC belt as is the case with the 3B.
2F engine.jpg

I'm going off the AC compressor. Clutch Pulley and Cruiser_guy's shot.
Got a pix of your AC comp mounted and belt tension system ?

VT

I'm going off the AC compressor. Clutch Pulley and Cruiser_guy's shot.
Got a pix of your AC comp mounted and belt tension system ?

VT

The picture you started this thread with is my install, not Cruiser-guy's. It was taken pre compressor and tensioner. I am back at the shop today and may get a chance to take a picture with the belt installed which would also show the alignment mod that I made.

Picture added. Note overlapped plate in the mount arms (compare to original photo). This moved the compressor back by the thickness of the plate (3/8") to bring the belts into better alignment. In a perfect world and with access to a milling machine I would have cut into one side or the other by slightly less than 1/8" for even better alignment but I don't expect this to give any trouble.

The 1"x1/4" flat bar brace runs to one of the timing case cover bolts and seems to be adequate for the purpose. Compressor mounting bolts are 10x1.25 from inside the mount plates facing out.

The belt is now a Dayco 15455 which leaves good clearance at both the alternator and the frame. It was necessary to loosen the alt and move it tight to the engine to get the compressor up far enough to allow the belt to go on but once everything is adjusted properly positions are VG.

Offering again, I have one extra set of these brackets (I suppose if there was interest I could get more cut as I still have the CAD file used on the laser table).

Bob
AC Mount:Belt.jpg

Last edited:
Cancrusher / Bob

Thanks for the picture and Update , I called 4Wheel Auto in Edmonton and spoke to the Gents , rob & ?? , Nice fellas , they have a complete AC setup , pulley,tensioner , brackets etc.

I only require the pulley , so they would be better off selling all as one kit rather than breaking the setup.

Good deal for someone who wants a complete setup.
I also called Radd cruiser . I was told i'm looking for a unicorn ;) .

A colleague I know works for toy USA (NOW, Trader ;) ) , and i asked him to run a check on the part# .
Only 3 left in the system , so i had him get one for me, I hope" :) ..

Seeing your last posted pix , I'm seeing the compressor laying sideways , I couldn't remember if the original came out that way from the 60 FJ.

As with your picture uploads and Mr Cruiser-guy's, I got alot of info from just looking
attachment.php

VT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom