39x12.50R17 Kanati or KM3???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GW Nugget

Do the best you can with what you have...
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Has anyone seen or have any 1st or 2nd experience on Kanati Mud Hog tires?
39X12.50R17LT 10PR 21/32 38.8 12.5 on 10 8.5-11 TBA 65 128 Q 3970

The 12.5" tire seems to be the next step from 37s on a 80 series & want taller than a 37" but don't want the problems of 40s
Also heard roomer that KM3 will have this size???

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I seem to remember that the KM3 is still E rated in the larger sizes? Would assume the new size is same.

The Kaanati sounds interesting, but unproven. The thing that sticks out to me is the 10-ply rating, equivalent to the E rating. Are all E ratings the same in terms of ride? I really don't mind the E-rated KM2s I have because there's plenty of capacity left by the time I get down to 40PSI, where the ride is pretty plush with the truck at ~6,000 lbs.

I found pretty limited reviews on the kanatis most were pretty positive for SUV's and 1/2 ton trucks but not real good for 3/4 and 1 ton diesel trucks. I had been looking at 37's and narrowed it down to the Yokohama G003 or Falken MT's when I ran across the kanati in a 39 and started researching it and found this thread so I was hoping to get some feedback here.

Last edited:
All right, its been a year now... bump
Has anyone tried these 39s out yet?
I have read they have a softer compound.

I ran Kanati Mud Hogs in 37x12.50r17 for a while. Actually, the guy who bought my truck is still running them. They are basically a copy of the old style MTR's and seemed to work just as well. I was impressed with them here in the PNW and might buy another set from my '85. They were mounted on 17x9 beadlocks.

IMG_20170318_154843_634_zpshcorpua9.jpg

@Broski what say you?
Answering for those who are interested. Below is a clip of @Broski on Soup Bowl on the Rubicon from earlier this year. Not my video but I was there and just spent 10-15 minutes trying to make this climb. I did eventually get but not like Broski and his One Shot with no backup’s. I just ordered a set today for my 4Runner.

Not the same vehicle but when things are wet they outperform my 38” Patagonia’s every time when it’s dry it’s hard to tell because the vehicle differences.

Yep, "Done in One" hanging tire left foot on break the whole time all the way up.
MudHogs are "E" rated also.
Best Price I saw last week was $312 from WalMart. Where did you get yours? @mustcamp

Yep, "Done in One" hanging tire left foot on break the whole time all the way up.
MudHogs are "E" rated also.
Best Price I saw last week was $312 from WalMart. Where did you get yours? @mustcamp
WalMart for the win. free shipping to the closest store and only just over a week out.

Not sure how I mist this thread :rolleyes:
I have been running the 39" Mud Hogs for a few years now, super happy with then. They work well in all conditions and are super smooth on the street even with zero balancing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom