37" or 38" tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My rig has 37" BFG KM2's on beadlocks with a SOA suspension, probably close to a 7" lift.
hillclimb.jpg
overlook.jpg

I have Alcan springs on my SOA which are basically flat like a stock spring. They give a great ride and you get really good suspension flex and articulation. As you can see I have plenty of clearance for the 37's in the front and once I cut the rear and put on the flares, same story.

If you go 2.5 lift and SOA you are gonna have a real high center of gravity.

Thanks for the pictures guys!
Mtntrucker, Do you think the extra 2.5" is going to make it a bit top heavy? I figured the SOA would give me about 5" of lift and the springs 2.5" for 7.5". If you think this is too much, I will rethink it. Thanks for your input. Al
I have Alcan springs on my SOA which are basically flat like a stock spring. They give a great ride and you get really good suspension flex and articulation. As you can see I have plenty of clearance for the 37's in the front and once I cut the rear and put on the flares, same story.

If you go 2.5 lift and SOA you are gonna have a real high center of gravity.

My rig has 37" BFG KM2's on beadlocks with a SOA suspension, probably close to a 7" lift.

Awesome pictures!!! Always looks good to see a Cruiser at the top.

i think 7.5" of lift is kinda extreme for a 40 since the wheel base is so short. if you really want 7.5" of lift you could do a body lift to help you with the center of gravity a bit but i would just leave soa w/ stock springs and later on if you decide you want higher do it. i toyed around w/ the same idea for a while but decided it was better not to.

i think 7.5" of lift is kinda extreme for a 40 since the wheel base is so short. if you really want 7.5" of lift you could do a body lift to help you with the center of gravity a bit but i would just leave soa w/ stock springs and later on if you decide you want higher do it. i toyed around w/ the same idea for a while but decided it was better not to.

X2. Note that my front axle is relocated forward (back to be moved rearward soon too) to increase the wheel base for stability AND my beadlocks have only a 2" offset to give me the widest wheel stance possible. Even with these mods I wouldnt consider going taller.

Slightly different angles of my '76 on 37" MT/Rs. :cheers:
griz.JPG
griz2.JPG

Anybody have pics of the SOA on stock height springs and 37-38" meats flexed out? I'm curious how much articulation you guys are gettingwith this setup.

Something like this? SOA stock flipped springs. Rears still have an AAL that I had to add to keep the springs from inverting when fully loaded for an expedition trip to AK last year...second pic is on that trip
3502958513_779e69b366_o.jpg
n1093916632_87035_8258.jpg

Hi Friends,

does anyone have 37"s with SUA(pics)? Is it possible or going SOA is inevitably to fit?

I´m asking because here in Brazil we don´t have reliable SOA kits for FJ´s, most SOA conversions here are made on CJ(j**p).

Regards

Something like this? SOA stock flipped springs. Rears still have an AAL that I had to add to keep the springs from inverting when fully loaded for an expedition trip to AK last year...second pic is on that trip

That's what I'm talking about, twist that thing up. I think I'll stick with close to stock height springs, and trim as needed.

Hijack
Oh man that's my dream trip! Do you have more pics or a thread on that trip?
Hijack over

Alaska Cruiser Trek '08

I've got my bump stops in the front fairly long since my steering angles aren't that great and it keeps my drag link from hitting my frame. I'm just too lazy to tear it all out and make it right :D. the fronts rubbed a bit before I built the MT tube fenders, and I don't think I've ever flexed the rear enough to hit the stock bump stops.

Wow thanks...thoroughly jealous now. Nice looking rig!

I know it's not 37's or 38's but 42's are kinda close...SOA, 2.5" springs, 3" body lift. works awesome

IMG_0086.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom