37" or 38" tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for your help Mr_Manny, really nice tread!!!
Nidan, WOW!!! What a monster you got?!!? Nice project... amazing suspension!
Regards!

Nidan, any more pics of your rig? What are the specs on it? Very good looking & capable rig.

If anyone is running 14.50 or wider tires with 4" back spacing and stock fenders... how far do they stick out of the stock fenders?

38.5 X 14.5 X 15 tsl SX

on 15 x 10 american racing 4 inch backspacing no spacer. sticks out about 4-4.5 inches. see pic

If anyone is running 14.50 or wider tires with 4" back spacing and stock fenders... how far do they stick out of the stock fenders?
IMG_0440 (Medium).JPG

Thanks man. I am using the three day weekend to finish up SOA and gear swap. I wanna make sure my maiden voyage around town isnt going to end up chatting with a statey. I was fearing something in the 6"-8" range.

Hi Friends,

does anyone have 37"s with SUA(pics)? Is it possible or going SOA is inevitably to fit?

I´m asking because here in Brazil we don´t have reliable SOA kits for FJ´s, most SOA conversions here are made on CJ(j**p).

Regards

My trail partner is running Maddog Rockers on 37 X 15 with a spring under. We are not sure what springs is on it but it looks like about a 4" lift with a 1" body lift. Also has 1.5" spacers on each wheel for inside fender clearance under articulation.

Thanks for the pictures guys!
Mtntrucker, Do you think the extra 2.5" is going to make it a bit top heavy? I figured the SOA would give me about 5" of lift and the springs 2.5" for 7.5". If you think this is too much, I will rethink it. Thanks for your input. Al

Have the spring over done and take a look at your clearance with stock spings. If you still need more you should be able to judge how much you will need.

My trail partner is running Maddog Rockers on 37 X 15 with a spring under. We are not sure what springs is on it but it looks like about a 4" lift with a 1" body lift. Also has 1.5" spacers on each wheel for inside fender clearance under articulation.

Hi Flow, thanks for the nice tips!

If you have any pic of your partner´s rig please post it! I´m curious!!!

Best regards,

Guiga

Hi Friends,

does anyone have 37"s with SUA(pics)? Is it possible or going SOA is inevitably to fit?

I´m asking because here in Brazil we don´t have reliable SOA kits for FJ´s, most SOA conversions here are made on CJ(j**p).

Regards

37 x 12.5 x 15 MTR's on 15X10 wheels SUA- 2.5" springs, shackle reversal, & long rear shackles. Not much travel but it works ok until I get to an SOA or Coil conversion. You could probably get some custom springs made but SOA would be a better way to go.
Mud Flaps Web.JPG

Last edited:
Hi rdublt!

Thanks for your help! Do you have more pics of you shackle reversal?

This is my next step before bigger tires, but this kind of conversion is not usual in here, so I´ve started with a pics compilation to drive my project!

Regards,

Guiga

Hi rdublt!

Thanks for your help! Do you have more pics of you shackle reversal?

This is my next step before bigger tires, but this kind of conversion is not usual in here, so I´ve started with a pics compilation to drive my project!

Regards,

Guiga

My shackle reversal utilizes custom shackles that mount in the original fixed side spring hanger. New fixed perch welded on the front.
FJ40 Shackle Reversal.JPG
FJ40 Fan & New Old Montero 003.jpg

Here's 38.5/16.5/15 TSL's on SOA with ~2" OME springs. IMO it's too tall. I just sent it back up to Montana last week and home to drop it a couple inches when I have time. I just don't have the facilities to do major work on it here and my old man has a metal fab shop up there so I had him bring a car trailer when he came to visit. Anywho, I'd say SOA and 38s is a good fit. If I ever get around to it I might also bump up to 40's. Mostly for the symmetry of a 40 on 40's. It does flex great and will just kiss the inside of the rear fender wells on full flex. If I drop it it's going to need bump stops.

Anyway it's probably pretty darn close to 7.5" of lift. If you do decide to go that high, I would highly recommend extending the wheel base.
Nursing Pics 0421.jpg

heres mine

SOA, hanvt found out exactly if my springs have the 2.5 add a aleafs or not, but they do have a pretty good arc to them. flipped front and rear

37x12.50 iroks, 15x10 rims, 2" back space
12-10-2007 045.jpg
12-10-2007 046.jpg
12-10-2007 039.jpg

My shackle reversal utilizes custom shackles that mount in the original fixed side spring hanger. New fixed perch welded on the front.

Thanks buddy, that was exactly what I imagined doing with mine!

...and for the other two monsters up here, congrats:clap:!!!

Regards

Here's a couple in my '40.........
flexing.JPG
flexing_front.JPG

And another set..........(on 35s). I couldn't wait to play in the snow. The nutz are gone.... :D
griz_stuffed2.jpg
griz_stuffed.jpg
FJ40 004.jpg

Haha yeah nice nutz! I would have photo shopped them.
Nice rig! Would you recommend 35's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom