37 inch tire for landcruiser 80 1996 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im sure this has been discussed here. I'm on 35s on stock wheels now, thinking of upgrading to 37s using 17x7.5 toyota oem rims, what tires will fit? Most of the tires i searced calls for 8-8.5 or wider rims. I could buy aftermarket that is at least 8.5 wide that cost a lot of $$, or just buy oem way cheaper but is below the spec. any input is much appreciated. TIA.

Most any Toyota 6-lug wheel in 17” (4Runner, Taco, FJ Cruiser, etc) will work but you’ll likely need 1” wheel spacers for most of them on the rear axle to keep a 12.5” wide tire from rubbing the exhaust and frame. @GW Nugget has posted multiple times over the years about the ideal backspacing you need based on wheel width. IIRC, he advised 3.75” backspacing for a 7.5” wide wheel if running 37x12.50. For example, I have FJ Cruiser steelies which are 7.5” wide and +15 offset, so a 1” spacer brings me back close to the 80’s factory wheels of 4.5” backspacing and 0 offset. On the plus side, 7.5” wide wheels are the poor man’s beadlocks!
6C5B9467-DD2E-4697-AD04-9A5E43CE6763.jpeg

thanks, my follow up question is... the width of the rims on 17s , like for example i am lookin to install 37x12.5 17

maxxis trepador and the spec rim range is 8.5-11. I know you mentioned fjc, 4runner taco wheels but most of the

wheel width are below 8.5, will this work?

thanks, my follow up question is... the width of the rims on 17s , like for example i am lookin to install 37x12.5 17

maxxis trepador and the spec rim range is 8.5-11. I know you mentioned fjc, 4runner taco wheels but most of the

wheel width are below 8.5, will this work?
They’ll work on a 7.5” wide wheel, but if the specs say 8.5 minimum then the big box tire stores probably won’t mount them. I have 37x12.50 Goodyear MTRs on 7.5” wide wheel and had them mounted at a locally owned tire shop, who didn’t say a word about the width.

I got 03-07 Sequoia wheels in 17". I had to go to my local drift tire shop where they mounted my 37x12.5r17 since my local Wheelworks wouldn't do it. I then added 1.5" Spidertax spacers.

As a side note, I rubbed without spacers on the OEM radius arms. Once I upgraded to DeltaVS radius arms, the rubbing was not as bad w/o spacers.

thanks guys, i know i might need spacers and some trimming. my next job is shop for slightly used oem toyota 6 lugs.

thanks guys, i know i might need spacers and some trimming. my next job is shop for slightly used oem toyota 6 lugs.
They’re all over Facebook marketplace for super cheap.

a lot of them, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom