35s w/4" lift ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We have a 4" safari lift on the pig, and i just bought 35x12.50x15 goodyear mtr's through a friends work for 429.00 for 4 tires and no tax. Smokin deal that i could'nt pass up. I would like to run these on the pig, but not sure of : 1-clearance issues, 2-running them w/stock 4:11s. Fben is running 35s w/alcans but as he said the alcan lift is taller, and i'm not sure what gear ratio he's using. Any help would be great before i pay to have the tires mounted, and then not fit. Mike (and yes, i searched)

I ran 35's with the MAF lift then went SOA pretty quicky there after but I don't remember any clearance issues, 12.50 wide MTR's.... I had a 350 so not sure how the gearing would work with a 2F.. you can always lengthen the shackles or run a 1" body lift if you have issues... someone correct me if I am wrong but the tires shoudl stuff OK...

I test fit some 33's on mine with just shackles and there were no problems. 35's on 4" lift should be perfect.

Yeah my Alcan lift is definitley more than 4" here is my Alcan lift and 35's next to a pig with the MAF lift and 33's. *SHOULD* fit...may rub a little..

Gearing is nice on the road, a little tough in first...offroad is POO...doable...but poo with a 2F...up steep steep climbs in the mountains...she almost bogs to dying sometimes...Orion would rock...toybox WOOT WOOT...

That being said, I have gone everywhere I wanted this year offroad...but the t-case gearing/tranny would help...I"m goin H41/split...so that should help.

110-1064_IMG.jpg

I'm running 35" Swampers...stock 4.1:1...built 2F handles it on the road just fine...Doubler makes it unstopable off-road.

if you stay with the stock drivtrain, you'll want to switch to at least 4.56 gears.

Hell no man, 35's with 4:11's is like over drive! I have the same lift as the guy on the right side of that picture of FJBen's. Only when you really flex does it rub, but I'm not really bothered by it. Although I do plan on getting an Alcan lift similar to FJBen's. Custom's are the only way to go IMO.

Thanks everyone, thats the info i needed. This will be my sons DD, and used for mild wheeling/expedition type stuff. Don't want to wheel it hard and beat it up yet as i just spent some serious $ cutting out and replacing 1/4 panels, fender wells, rockers, and new front fenders. Sounds like the on road gearing will be good w/stock 4:11s(except for 1st) Thanks again, Off to the tire shop.

yeah, first isn't *that* bad...just not great when parked on a hill or something. ON the highway it's really nice...I cruise around 65ish 70 at about 2,600~2,700RPM's...

If thats a 4" lift from MAF...then either it's short...or my alcan lift is like 6" lol

I suspect your Alcan lift is more than 4", since it was almost 8 inches when I got it and pulled leaves to get the damn thing to settle to where you have it.

It looks like it still has not settled any Ben...gotta love quality :)

DanKunz said:
I suspect your Alcan lift is more than 4", since it was almost 8 inches when I got it and pulled leaves to get the damn thing to settle to where you have it.

It looks like it still has not settled any Ben...gotta love quality :)

Yeah I really love the springs...have heard people talk of not liking them...but I'm running the full packs right now, no sagging, no leaning and they ride very nice...I'm almost afraid of going SOA if it won't ride better...lol

Yeah, I bet your springs are more in the area of 6". WTH do you need to go SO for anyways? I need to find out what your exact specs were for those springs, cause that's almost EXACTLY what I want.

FJBen said:
yeah, first isn't *that* bad...just not great when parked on a hill or something. ON the highway it's really nice...I cruise around 65ish 70 at about 2,600~2,700RPM's...

If thats a 4" lift from MAF...then either it's short...or my alcan lift is like 6" lol
i doubt it's six inches, probably more like a true 4 1/2 or maybe 5. mine's 6 1/2 over stock and the 35's are tiny...i'm going to have to pull leaves. i'd like mine to sit more like yours does. your pig sits like my 60 which is a 4"...i think many am lift kits really don't give the lift they advertise.
PB200011.JPG

That's a tall pig. From the picture and the consideration of the 35" tires, yours looks more than 6". But I'm sure you've done the measurements.
Looking at it again, I think the illusion of FJBens is that the ass end sticks up higher than the one on the right, prolly at least an inch or 2. One of my big complaints about the Safari springs is that, even with the huge shackles, the ass end still sits relatively low. Also, if you look closely at the front ends, Bens, on 35', has an equal or just a hair more space between the top of the tire and bottom of the fenderwell. Can anyone post the measurements from the ground to the bumpers on their stock pig, and we can compare that to those same measurements to modified rigs like FJBen's?

I'll get some measurements tonight!

Specs:

200lbs over stock weight rated up front for bumper/winch

300lbs over stock weight rear for carrying gear etc...

I have a winch so that brings the front down a little. And she can definitely carry some weight! I had easily 400lbs this summer in there, prolly more and she sat pefectly level and rode even better...i was amazed.

Alcans are designed to sit at the lift height AFTER the meet the weight rating. Very nice feature. I think my pig is tall so Ige's must be REALLY tall...I'm 6'4"~6'5" and I can't look over the top.

There is also a "slight" optical illusion. I have sliders that stick down lower than the body of the pig causing Ige's to also appear higher as well.

Maybe this pic will show the difference of where the body sits to the tires/wheels better.

110-1062_IMG.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben, I miss that truck. I wish that dan never sold it. But you do have it looking nice

K, took a break got a few measurements...parking lot so not a "great" and level surface but pretty close.

I have 5" eye to eye length shackles

Front under frame in front of shackle: 24.75"
Rear under frame behind shackle: 27.5" ground a gutter so may be an 1" off

Front body fender: 30.5"
rear body" 31.5" could be off again 1"

Top of axle to frame in rear: 12"
Top of axle to frame in front" 11"

With my crappy measuring I measured 79.5" to the top/or close as I could see.

lingo said:
Ben, I miss that truck. I wish that dan never sold it. But you do have it looking nice

yeah I'm glad the pig is with me! She just keeps getting better and better! Dan and I talk and he still has 1st dibs if she goes up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom