35's or 37's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im having a hard time deciding on my tire size. I know its not much difference, but I want to get some opinions. My plan is SOA, PS with 2f, 4 speed, 4 speed t-case. My dad has a spare running SBC, but I dont really want to go with a motor swap at the moment.

I'm going with MTR's and theres only a 90 dollar difference between (5) 35's and 37's. I have also read that 35 MTRs are like really 33.9 and the 37's are like 35.9 or something.

Im going to run the 2f for a while with the 4speed and tcase, so no plans to go to the sbc in the near future. Plus, I dont want my tires to look stupid big. Seems most people go with 35's but I dont want to buy a new set of 37's when my 35's are only a year old.

Also, my rig will mainly be used for trails, but i do cruise it around town from time to time.

thanks, mike

I always say bigger is better.

But you will have less chance of breaking a birf if you run only 35's. But I hear you can run up to like 39's on a stock LC axle and be okay. But then again that is why I am running D60's. :D

sine80 said:
Seems most people go with 35's but I dont want to buy a new set of 37's when my 35's are only a year old.

Well, if you get the 35's, that is what you will have....

Get the 37's, and be done with it......this week... ;)

Good luck!

-Steve

usmcruiser said:
I always say bigger is better.

But you will have less chance of breaking a birf if you run only 35's. But I hear you can run up to like 39's on a stock LC axle and be okay. But then again that is why I am running D60's. :D

60's are a little out of my leauge at the moment. I'm in deep with this project and 60's would = no car insurance, gas, lunch, power at my house or beer.

discount tire direct has 37's for $191.00 per tire with no shipping charges. I dont know if this is a good price but it looked good compared to alot of other prices I saw for 37in tires

Thanks fella's. I was leaning that way... I will more than likely end up with the longs, I was thinking about doing that anyway.

mike

your gearing will suck offroad with 37's,but go for it.hell i got the same setup and if i had the ching i would spring for 37's.

Hey Mike ,
I am tossing around the idea of getting 37's And you were kinda interested in the 35's when we talked at the 45 run!Tires and rims (5)are in exellent condition
and spares never been used! What do you think?

I really liked the 35s with stock springs and SOA and no cutting of the fenders. 37s I think would've been a bit much if I wasn't going to chop anything. But, I do want to chop and lengthen and I do want 37s.

Go for it, but stay away from the MTRs, they are gay.

I dont have a problem cutting fenders, thats not a concern. And to tell you the truth, the gearing would be something I was thinking about down the road... I am planning on extending the WB on my stuff with the SOA. Nothings finished yet so I can really do what ever I want. I was going to flip the springs and kut the fenders anyway.

KT, did you finish your SOA??? I tired to send you a PM but your box is full.

thanks, mike

37's, longfields/inners, and a torque wrench....you DO want to check those knuckle studs every morning :D

my front axle has been throughly abused with 38.5's, 39.5's, and currently 37's......Bobby's stuff has held up admirably

'nother vote for 37's - I wish I had gone that route instead of the true 35" TSLs - you'll need gears either way. I've got the same stock drivetrain with 4.88s and it drives about like it did when running stock gears and 31s. Start saving for gears and a Toybox - you'll need both real soon.

woody said:
37's, longfields/inners, and a torque wrench....you DO want to check those knuckle studs every morning :D

my front axle has been throughly abused with 38.5's, 39.5's, and currently 37's......Bobby's stuff has held up admirably

The first thing I did was buy Longs before I put my tires on. They are the Best and bobby stand behind EVERY part he sells.

sine80 said:
I dont have a problem cutting fenders, thats not a concern. And to tell you the truth, the gearing would be something I was thinking about down the road... I am planning on extending the WB on my stuff with the SOA. Nothings finished yet so I can really do what ever I want. I was going to flip the springs and kut the fenders anyway.

KT, did you finish your SOA??? I tired to send you a PM but your box is full.

thanks, mike

No SOA yet mike just getting ready soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom