3500 RPM Powerband? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If I have the gas pushed in just enough to keep the tranny from upshifting, at 3500 RPM the LC launches like a turbo just kicked in. It puts you back in you seat and the wife says what are you doing. But before the 3500 RPM mark it's pretty doggy. I think the problem is pre 3500 RPM power. Any idea what could be causing power low end power?

What tends to happen on older trucks is the diaphragms inside the regulator and modulator disintegrate and plug up vacuum lines throughout the system. They foul the 3 VSV valves and their associated lines as well.
While your EGR system may have been bypased, you could have masked the problem. I would spend some time going through all the hard lines and make sure they're clear of debris.

Could be something to do with going from closed to open loop on the fuel ratio.

One of the turbo guys posted a graph of his air/fuel ratio and at about those kind of rpm's his fuel ratio looked like it had dropped off a cliff - it went very rich.

Can't remember the thread it was posted though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just the power band? 275Ft-Lb @3000rpm and 212hp @4600rpm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just the power band? 275Ft-Lb @3000rpm and 212hp @4600rpm

you are complete right ..

Ok update.

Seems the power will kick in anytime over about 3000 RPM's. And this past weekend it was running great. I had smooth power all the way up the RPM's. It was a rainy wet weekend in the mid 50's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom