350 TBI swapped fuel line help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys so I recently bought an FJ60 with a chevy 350 TBI and an after market fuel tank. I noticed most of the original fuel lines near that tank that go to the vapor separator etc. Have been left unaccounted for. When I went to fill up at the gas station fuel leaked from one of the fittings. There is no longer a charcoal canister or original smog equipment in the vehicle so does anyone have a solution on where to route these open fittings? I believe capping them off would cause pressure issues. Any input would be highly appreciated as I'm not finding a solution on here very easily. Would it be best to try and recreate the original setup or is there a way to vent or bypass this system? Thanks so much.

20200511_193426.jpg

20200511_192927.jpg

I guess you started a new thread on the same subject ... My opinion - get the proper fuel separator and factory connections back in to the tank. Check your rear passenger well behind the panel and see if the stuff is still there. I would then run a line from that to a charcoal canister mounted somewhere in the engine bay. You will need to research the evap system for your particular chevy TBI engine. There should be a provision for it. Some of those motors had an ecm controled evap canister that fed into the throttle body. I would just get whatever the correct canister is for your motor and figure out how to reconnect it. Maybe someone else with a 350 conversion can chime in. Otherwise your fuel is just venting to atmosphere and certainly I would not want open fuel orifices under my truck.

Thanks for the reply. So I checked in the rear quarter panel and the vapor separator is still there. There are 3 lines to the tank at the moment. 1 return, 1 to TBI, and I guess a vent back to the separator. I will do some research and see how I can get those lines to a canister.

Make sure you do run it through the vapor separator before going to the canister. The point of the separator is to prevent gas from traveling up the line into the canister and plugging up the charcoal that is in there. That is what happens when people overfill their fuel tanks causing damage to the canister. The original line on the FJ60 should run along the frame rail back up to the front of the truck. Maybe that is still there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom