350 needs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm thinking that I might put a 350 into '87 fj60, but I am pretty clueless on what else I need to get to actually mount it and get it to run. I plan to run the Mark's adapter so I don't have to do any changes to the drive shafts, plus it comes with the motor mounts. Do I need to get all new alternator, PS pump, starter and the such, or can I use the ones I have on my stock 2F? Then what all little misc. parts will I need, I would also like to know how much some you guys that have done this before shelled out before everything was all said and done.
Plus I get my BDS lift tomorrow and I can't get wait to get it on and order my 33" Geolander A/Ts. THANKS.

P/S and alternator will have to be chevy adapted to toyota wiring and hoses or toyota parts adapted through custom brackets to the chevy. Kinda 6 of one half-dozen of the other. sending units will need adapting. New exhaust. There's got to be more. It's a lot of work, but it's pretty much worth it, IMHO.

OK going thru this fun now. Since I am also a chevy guy its really takes nothing to get these things out fitted. I dont know how much this affects you but, but here it goes. I have noticed that since I am putting a 383 TBI into my FJ40. I shortend the harness, added a 2wd steering pump and changed to the saginaw box for a jeep. All brackets can be had for any chevy motor in a junk yard. Got the custom hoses made at a race shop. Cooling had to be the hardest factor due to the limited space. Look up radiator.com they can help with a four core that will fit your desired dimensions. For my application the rear mounted battery is going to be a must. You may have an easier time. ON a side note. I am using a TBI so that means small cap distributor this helped me out with firewall clearance. And taht the only thing it helped out on so far. :D

Oh yeah, using autometer gauges so sending units and what not are easier. Since its a fuel injection I had to custom make my tank so I just fabbed one from aluminum. All the lines are mixed hard and breaided stainless. Its just easier that way. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom