1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

350/LC 4-speed question

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by big mike, Mar 16, 2004.

1. big mike

big mike

Which pilot bearing is used in this application?

Also, while trying to pull the old one out I took the advice of some goon and drilled some holes in it... now I can't use the hydraulic grease method. Its stuck pretty good. Any other good ideas? more drilling?

Thanks guys

:beer:Big Mike :beer:

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    I believe the stock 350 SBC bushing/bearing matches directly with the Toy 4-speed input shaft.

use a bigger bit for removal, hope ya catch an edge, and it will spin out...also, a large ez-out jammed in there might do the trick too.

3. Rice

Rice SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Woody's right ... a stock SBC bushing/bearing matches up.

I have to say the drilling method makes me nervous because of the crank. The grease thing just never works well.

Get about a 5/16 x 4 inch bolt with a head that barely fits into the pilot hole. Grind off a side to the bolt head. Slide it in the hole and tuck the head in behind the bushing. Then screw a sheet metal screw in next to it to lock it in place. Now place a big socket over the bolt, some washers, and a nut and you've got a puller.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">