34x9 R16 Super Swamper??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello!! I got my first land cruiser 80 series 2 weeks ago and I have being looking for tires and today I found a VERY good deal on almost new 34x9 swampers, have any one used them?? are they good for an 80 with no lift?? is it to skinny??

Thanks,
Leo.

If it's a good deal, I'd go for it. 35's will fit on a stock 80, I can't imagine 34's won't... You'll get some rubbing though, at least until you lift it a bit.

Ok great! I'm more concern about the width rather than how tall it is because interco recomends to mount the tire on a 6.5 inch wide wheel but I think there is no big deal mounting it on the stock wheel, right???

IMO 9's might be a bit too narrow for the 80. especially if youre wanting to put them on the stock 8" wheels. if you mount em on a narrower wheel, it should be ok. might be a tad tight without lift, but itll fit.

There is a reason they are cheap...

You are going to have to get 16x7's or you will be blowing beads and destroying your stock 16x8's when you wheel and it will look strange. And like I said in the title...there is a reason...those tires are beyond loud...I mean they make Q78-16's sound tame and the load rating is not very high and these vehicles are heavy...if you are seeing mostly trail miles then great but if it is on the road at all you won't be able to talk other folks in the vehicle above 45mph. Do a search in the 2nd generation 4runner section and see what those say. And heck yes they will fit, but would look better with a slight lift and this would any possiblity of rubbing. Just my .02

You are going to have to get 16x7's or you will be blowing beads and destroying your stock 16x8's when you wheel and it will look strange. And like I said in the title...there is a reason...those tires are beyond loud...I mean they make Q78-16's sound tame and the load rating is not very high and these vehicles are heavy...if you are seeing mostly trail miles then great but if it is on the road at all you won't be able to talk other folks in the vehicle above 45mph. Do a search in the 2nd generation 4runner section and see what those say. And heck yes they will fit, but would look better with a slight lift and this would any possiblity of rubbing. Just my .02

I live in florida, so mainly all that my 80 will see is mud, I drive it only to the trails and back, it doesn't see much miles during the week. The noise I really don't care much, my main concern is the poping a bead, I won't be airing down, I think I'll run 32-35 psi all the time, do you think it will be "dangerous" to run them?

X2 or 3 on the "too skinny". I ran a set of 33x12.50 TSL's on my FJ62 and even that tire was rather skinny. Interco seems to have a skinnier build profile on some of their models, including the tire you're talking about. I'd skip them for an 80 for sure.

X2 or 3 on the "too skinny". I ran a set of 33x12.50 TSL's on my FJ62 and even that tire was rather skinny. Interco seems to have a skinnier build profile on some of their models, including the tire you're talking about. I'd skip them for an 80 for sure.

beside the looks, Will it be "DANGEROUS" to run them???
I'm getting 4 tires, 98% thread for $150, one of them have one missing lug, got cut by something. I thinks this is a very good deal since they are $170 ea. new at 4wheelparts so I have till tomorrow at 10am to decide, Its killing me lol, I don't want to pass on and regreat later.

buy em. mount em on some 4runner or taco alloys (spacers may be needed) n see how they work out. id go against getting steelies as intercos are heavy SOBs and you can use all the lightness you can get. if they dont work out im sure you can sell for a profit if not break even...

Mud is good

Yeah the taco or 4runner rims would work be ideal. That setup should work great in the mud. Those tires really dig.

I ran 34x9.50 Swampers on a 60 series and had Serious chunking issues. Not sure if the cruiser was too heavy for the tire, I got a bad batch, etc... The place I bought them made good on them but still.... I think 9.50 is too narrow for the cruiser and I like the skinny look as well. I would look towards 10.50 or 11.00 (military) tires.

IMHO, too narrow for an 80. I had 33x9.50's on my 40 and rolled a beed. I would buy the tires and sell them, for what they are really worth, because you are getting a good deal and then use the money and buy a set of tires more suited for the weight and size of an 80.

I have the 34 x 9.5 swampers as trail tires for both my cruisers and I swap them depending on what ruck I want to wheel. The 70 has OME lift, HDJ81 is completely stock. The tires fit well on the 80, I've flexed it to the max and cant seem to get them to rub. I love the look of the skinnies on both my trucks, in my opinion theses tire are amazing. I love how they are completely within the wheel well openings on the 70, and my little non-turbo 3B can turn em no problem. Of course, the ones I have are 15" rim size. Buy them.
IMG00481.jpg
IMG00343.jpg

another of the 80, sorry no action shots...
rack 001.jpg

I had 34X9.50 Swampers on my 5600-lb Scout and loved them in the Florida mud, but I had about 7 inches of lift with a spring-over-axle conversion. They were very loud on pavement and took a few minutes each ride to work out the flat spot from being bias ply. Give them a try, for sure!

oh yeah, they flat spot like crazy... I'd only use them for trails. Mine sit until the weekends

I have the 34 x 9.5 swampers as trail tires for both my cruisers and I swap them depending on what ruck I want to wheel. The 70 has OME lift, HDJ81 is completely stock. The tires fit well on the 80, I've flexed it to the max and cant seem to get them to rub. I love the look of the skinnies on both my trucks, in my opinion theses tire are amazing. I love how they are completely within the wheel well openings on the 70, and my little non-turbo 3B can turn em no problem. Of course, the ones I have are 15" rim size. Buy them.

Thanks for the pics Natty, love the 70! how did the tires behave on the 80, did you got any vibrations?

I got the tires today! they are in great shape, used for no more than 200 miles.

here are some pics of them

0222091335.jpg

0222091336.jpg

0222091336a.jpg

Comparing them with the 34x10.5 LTB's on my samurai.

0222091338.jpg

Nice tires. Would look great on the truck. Good to see another FL Cruiserhead! :)

Don't forget to post more pics after you put them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom