34x12.50's with OME 2.5" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tripleplate.com
Allright, so I'm fully aware of what it takes to run 35's and was ready to order some 33x12.50's for my rig. Then I started to hear some good things about the Interco Trxus Mud Terrain. This tire comes in a 34x12.50. Hmmmm, the gears started turning. Anyone have any idea if a tire this size would rub with the 850/863 combo on my 80? The 33x12.50's have no problem, the 35x12.50's rub at full articulation, so what would the 34x12.50's do?

I really think I might. This might be a cool knew option for those who don't want to invest in the added components necesarry for 35's but want to go as big as they can. I've heard fantastic things about these tires too, I guess they're great in ice and snow due to the siping, I'm sold. Tread life might be lower then I prefer but I found them listed on the internet for $159 per tire for 34x12.50's that seems pretty reasonable to me.

Make sure if you get them that you get them from a reputable place. I only know 2 guys running them on their 80's - simmons for street and basehore street/trail. Out of the 10 tires, 4 of them had MAJOR issues immediately (ie. broken belts). Not saying they're bad tires, but just FYI and don't put them on right before a long trip. :dunno:

What about using the Goodyears' MT/R, in the size LT305/70R17, it has the outside diameter of 34 inches?

Junk, thanks for the tip, I'll definately keep that in mind.

H, 37's?! &nbsp:Damn, did he trim the fenders or something? I couldn't imagine those working too hot.

Phat, I've already got my 15" rims that are sitting in my basement. Also, I don't think I want a 17" wheel tire package for wheeling, plus they get so pricey.

BTW, Junk, I got my new fuel filler door, but to keep the truck from looking too frilly, I'm keeping it primer black.  I thought that was a good compromise. :G

grinning-smiley-003.gif
Now you're talking :D. Primer is always good.

The true beater look!!! :D

Phat,

Buying five new 17" wheels plus those tyres makes the package pretty expensive.

-B-

Is that tire a true 34"? The reason I ask is that the 315 AT KOs are actually 34.7". Thats about 5/16" in radias difference. Seems like if that is all that stands between success and failure you could easily get the 315s to work.

The guy Hltoppr is talking about had a few less pounds on his rig...like the top and glass but he did fit 37's under it. It only rubbed in the rear and they had to be stuffed. I don't know what type of wheels he had but they appeared to be about the same offset as stock 15's.

UP - just buy the tires if ya want 'em. You can always make 'em fit. Last year everyone told me that my 36's wouldn't fit and they did. No prob. Well, I'm still tweaking the susp a lil, but that's to fit the bigger ones later this summer.

;)

I meant to say they measured to 34" exactly in that last post :slap: versus Austin Mini Cooper wheels/tires.

Yeah I think I'll get some, only pain in the arse now is finding a place for a spare, unless I can persuade a 34 to fit down back. Might be kinda interesting.

I'm awaiting my tax refund check to get here then I'm making the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom