34"s on SUA fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fogblanket

SILVER Star
Threads
I finally got around to installing my sky widening kit on the front axle to match up widths with the rear fzj80 acle. thus allowing me to run the same back spaced whels on all 4 corners of the truck. I really wanted to run 315 mtr's but could only find one on ebay. apparently that tire size is a favorite for the military so waiting 3 monthes to get tires didn't trill me. so I went with the 34x16 trxus mt's and couldn't be happier.
I have OME heavies all the way around and a 1" body lift and from the looks of thisgs should not have rubbing issues but will only find out once i get on the trail. but hear are some poser shots
IMG_1198small.jpg

bird feeder

ahh, i see, it looked like it was behind the trees in the background

this is what a cors station looks like
cors_station.jpg

That's a big rig. Love the hub caps!

What kid of gears are they turning?

I'm running 4.88's off the 3FE but I have added headers a 2.5" exhasut and bored out the throttle body so i have a nice range of power for a 3fe.I

I can cruise at 70mph on the highway it dogs down to 60-65 on the steep hills but i can step on it or drop it down a gear and have more than enought accereation to pass or keep speed, just gets noise
Jaosn

and what is a cors station for and where is that pic taken?

That is a good looking rig!! Where did you buy those wheels? Tou said 16"?

What width did you end up going with?

:beer:

cors station are just stationary gps antennas

fj6202840 said:
and what is a cors station for and where is that pic taken?

cors stations are just stationary reference gps antennas. Usually used in land survey grade gps'n. I have no idea on where the pic was taken, I just googled cors station, for the most part they all look the same. the antenna is in the middle and the disk/plate is a ground plane

GLTHFJ60 said:
That is a good looking rig!! Where did you buy those wheels? Tou said 16"?

What width did you end up going with?

:beer:
they are fj40 hubcapped inners on Stockton wheels 16x8 outers they take 6 months to get but are a very nice wheel when done.
I just like the retro look
Jason

So what are you waiting for, Jason? Get out there and get it awn!!!

looks nice! how about a pic from the front or down the side? just curious as to how much width we are talking. i am probably going to keep 60 axles, maybe go FF rear and run 1.5" spacers.

can't wait to get my wheels finished. i have collected all five, just waiting on the $ to send them off. Maybe this fall...I like the black but i think a dark gray powder coat would look good on my rig too.

overhanger said:
So what are you waiting for, Jason? Get out there and get it awn!!!

Sore subjsect this winter /spring I tried to get all these mods done (throttlebody, front locker, injectors, new tierods new tires wheels, RAM assist steering). and things did not go as smoothly as planned
*tierods ordered in december got them in April (very nice tough) apparently fj62's have a smaller diameterthreaded ends for the relay rod.. go figure!!
*wheels ordered in January got them in June, had to track down centers.
*tires finally got them in July (which ended up being my airfare to CO :mad:
*RAM air never got to it

Long story short, I really planned on driving out there, and spent too much time trying to get the truck straight in order to do so and not enought time on a back up plan, ie flying out there. time goes by too quick these days. that is a trip a really wanted to do I am having a hard time reading the 3FE list these days :crybaby:

I have gotten the ball rolling early in the planning to definately make it to next years at camp witch lake. hopefully Michigan Ambassador Rooney has some decent trails for us. have fun this week end

Jason

You will be missed by all of us. No lobsters out here so you won't be missing anyting. ;) Talked to Phone Bill this morning and was 108 in Hays, Kansas yesterday as they drove through and it will be a high of 59 where we will be on Friday. I hope everyone doesn't catch pnuemonia!
As for the tie rod ends, Toyota changed the ends and rods to a little larger thread, I think in 10/89 and the earlier rod won't accept the later ends. Is that what you ran into?
:beer: to you!

Yeah that was the deciding factor for me not going was the lack of Lobsters for me to grill, but you guys will undoubtedly have plenty of Rocky Mt. Oysters ;)

Tie rods... I got all new ends from Toyota but I had the rods made up by Budbuilt these being the first set he had made up for a 62 he and I both didn't realize that the relay rod ends are 19mm while the tie rod ends (and all the ends of the fj80's are 21mm) I could have the mm off but you get the jist. so he had to get a new tap, had a bear of a time finding one and when he finally did the first try the tap broke, so Bud finally tracked down another one and i got my tie rod. Bud was great to work with and i highly recommend his rods...
*forgot to mention getting hte sky widening kit installed as well so both axles are the same width now so all my wheels are the same width again..

VTCruiser i will get a pick of it head on today at lunch..

Jason

Nice rig I really like the color of it for some odd reason and love the wheels nice choice do you take the hub caps off when you wheel? Wish i had a 62 but got me an 80

That rig looks great man. I need to get mine painted and dialed like that. Dig that bumper. I'm going to get my MIG fired up and make a bumper like that as best as I can.

Did you blackout the grille and headlight surrounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom