33x9.50x15's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

brian

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
so i'm looking for some 33x9.50's. even thinking maybe 34x9.50.
i've been hung on bfg's for many years, but i'd like to play the field abit. :grinpimp: the only thing that is a must is radials.....it sees ALOT of road. and these are for my steelies so skinny is just as important.

i've got at's now, but thinking i would like something to give it more of a retro look.....and better snow go.

everybody likes to show their junk, here's a perfect chance.
pics are a must i want to see what's out there.

thanks in advance
b

Last edited:
http://groups.msn.com/FranklinPhotos/landcruiser.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=14

Boggers- not radials I know, but they are bada$$ :grinpimp:
33x10.50s on stock rims.

Passenger front rubs the grease fitting on my tie rod knuckle at full lock, otherwise they clear fine.

I'm putting 250 miles a week on them, and they are holding up much better than I expected. Watch the air pressure closely on all swampers, radial or not.

Have you considered 235-85-16's? these are about 32" tall; thus, almost a 33. Plus, they are widely available form lots of sources, including bfg. the down side is new rims.

Steve C said:
...the down side is new rims.

brian said:
...and these are for my steelies so skinny is just as important....

thanks in advance
b

:confused: :confused: :doh: :whoops: :rolleyes:

brian said:

I don't think it's necessarily so. I would second the 16" for a dd over the 33x9.50s. The sidewalls on the 9.50s have a LOT of give to them. If you had a chance to borrow a set [landcruiser junky currently runs 33x9.5s, but borrowed my 235x16s] you would also discover that they are a heck of a lot more stable.

We will be looking at putting the toyota centers into 16" rims soon so we can run hubcaps with our 16s.

:grinpimp:

I love a good tall skinny- on a 16" rim. Even "light" 40 series can suffer from the 33x9.50R15's sloppy sidewalls at 30psi when on a side slope.

A 255/85R16 is a true 33", and is available from most tire dealers (including BFGs).

Last edited:
Dang it guys, I was all pumped up to get some new 33x9.5 tires on my cruiser and now you are making me think twice. Mark, keep us posted on how that center swap works out. :)

I am doing the same thing now. I just tracked down 5 stock rims and am in the process of finding a tall skinny. I have it down too

TSL radial 33 9.50
LTB 34 9.50
BFG 33 10.50
I never would have thought boggers would look so cool but those look bad on that rig. I am definetly trying to stick with the old scholl vintage skinny "look"

34x9.5 bias.

They fit fine on a cruiser stock wheel, although this is a crappy rock crawler wheel.

Last edited:
(4) NEW BFG 33x9.5x15 MT's

I have a set of (4) new skinny BFG MT's. I sold my truck and didn't have a chance to use the tires. I need the space and no longer need the tires. let me know if you are interested.

When my 33x10.5 BFGs wear out, I'm going to try a set of those Boggers.
I have not experienced any sidewall issues on my 10.5s on stockers...has anyone noticed any with there 33x10.5 Intercos?
my40-2.jpg
my40-4.jpg

i've got 33x9.5s on the 45...i love the way they look. i run 10.5s on the wagon with no sidewall issues
P5190019.JPG

I run the BFG 33x9.5x15's on my 40. Great on and off road tire. I run the same tire (Not skinny) on my LX450
Kingston peak 011.jpg

brian said:
so i'm looking for some 33x9.50's.

i've got at's now, but thinking i would like something to give it more of a retro look.....and better snow go.

b

AT's are awesome in the snow. In my experience they beat out swampers, MT's and MT/R's. I have MT's on now and am getting ready to switch over to AT's for the winter.

Romer - how do you like your 4" Skyjacker and your Aussie Locker? That's exactly what I'm doing to my 40.

i just mounted 34x 10.50 LTB's on my 40. will try to throw some pics up today. they are TALL for a 34 bt ride nice and alot more quite than i thought they would be.. love the skinnies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom