33x10.50 on stock wheels (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy all,
I have 33x10.50x15 BFG/AT's on some aftermarket 15x8 wheels. I wanted to put them on the factory wheels which are only 6" wide but was advised these tires need at least a 8" wide rim, that 6" is too narrow. Is anybody running this size on stock wheels with a good result? Any tire roll issue because of the fat tire on a narrow rim?

No worries at all... Most tire shops won't do it, they say its unsafe.. But I, along with many have done it with great results. Find another shop...

J

OLD RIG

Maley Rear.jpg

Last edited:
No worries at all... Most tire shops won't do it, they say its unsafe.. But I, along with many have done it with great results. Find another shop...

J

OLD RIG

View attachment 1056968

J - is that your old rig? Damn - good looking; love the paint scheme. Did you build that rear? Love the squared ladder - perhaps that should be an option on your builds?

Looks to be the same size you are running on that beauty?

J - is that your old rig? Damn - good looking; love the paint scheme. Did you build that rear? Love the squared ladder - perhaps that should be an option on your builds?

Yes, that is MARLEY ..The great 500.00 rust bucket conversion. Did everything on that rig. Paint, body, armor, interior, lift etc...

Hi-Jack over.

J

Pic to the left is on 33 x 10.5's. Getting gas in Coldfoot.

I ran 12.50 on stock rims, no problems. Have gone down to 10.50, works great.

the MT's seem to do better on the 5.5-6" wheels than the AT's do

I run 33x10.5's MT's on fj40 wheels......work great

find someone who will mount them for ya. zero worries at all.

you'll find hundreds of cruiser heads on here running 33x10.5's on stock 15's here on Mud.

Well that's a easy decision, I'm sold, thanks for the input!

She's looking good now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom