33x10.5 going the way of 33x9.5??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4x4him.com
Went down to the tire store to get some new shoes and the BFG A/T is on national back order. I went to 2 stores and then started looking online. Both stores said they would call me when there mail office opens tomorrow morning. Anyone have any insight?

BFG doesn't make that size tire all year long because demand isn't high enough. I've been checking around as well and have pretty much given up looking until they are off back order. I might just switch to 16" wheels and never have to worry about tires again.

Yeah I've heard they are made seasonally. I think another member was having to wait like 6 months for a 35" BFG A/T.

I was looking for these same tires last month and was told that they were unavailable also. Called BFG in North Carolina and was told the next production would be occurring in August with distribution taking around 30 days to hit dealers.

BFG said all sizes in current catalog would be made including 9.5's.

I could not wait for AT's as we leave on vacation next week, so I bought 33X10.50X15 MT's and have been very happy. No louder than my old AT's of the same size and they look good too!

Doug

seems to be normal for BFG.... I never could find any in the size/model you quoted above when I was looking for some a few years ago....others have posted the same issue over time.

I called BFG earlier this week about 33x10.5 AT. They have no plans to stop making the tire and should be coming out with a production run soon. All the people that have back orders placed will get the first ones and so it might take some time before they start showing up in stock. If you want some of them and don't mind waiting a few months, then place an order.

I need a spare tire. :)

I want some 9.5's. My stock wheels are in the attic all alone :frown:

Although I do like 255/85/16's......

Decisions, decisions :steer:

Oh and Norcal I use your gear calculator all the time! It rocks.

Trapper50cal said:
IMHO, for 33x10.5 There is no superior choice to the Toyo MT OC....my 2 cents

I'd like to try some toyo MTs, but they are more expensive and ntb is always having really really good specials on BFGs.

Tire Rack does not show availability of the 33x10.50-15 AT until 9/24. Looks like you could be waiting awhile.

I tried one set of the 33-10.50 M/T's (pre-KM). Initially the tire noise was on-par with the A/T's that they replaced and I was impressed. Eventually though they became loud enough to justify the stereotype that M/T's are loud. With ~30% tread left I replaced them with A/T's just before a big trip as I didn't want to listen to them howl for 1800-2000 miles.

This is what I have determined (after being a BFG fan for years). The B is for backorder, the F is for flat, and the G is for Good luck getting one. I am going to 16" tires and I will not be buying any more BFGs. I can't wait around forever if I wreck a tire, which has happened THREE TIMES since I bought my last new set of BFGs. THREE RUINED TIRES :censor: and I can't get a replacement for the last one, it's been almost a year.

This is what I have determined (after being a BFG fan for years). The B is for backorder, the F is for flat, and the G is for Good luck getting one. I am going to 16" tires and I will not be buying any more BFGs. I can't wait around forever if I wreck a tire, which has happened THREE TIMES since I bought my last new set of BFGs. THREE RUINED TIRES :censor: and I can't get a replacement for the last one, it's been almost a year.

I agree!! looking for 16" wheels right now, been flogging craigslist for 2 months.
But I also have 2 BFG 33x10.5/15 A/T's 50% tread waiting for me to wreck another on the 60.
To save others headache, 16x8's "Soft 8's" with 4" backspace don't clear the rotors.

15" BFG's are only load range C, which is why when my current BFG MT's wear out I'm going to 16".

All of you quitters are the reason why I can't get 33-10.50's easily. They'd make more if there was more demand.

Then again, 16" wheels means that I could run 13" OD brake rotors, hum.......

All of you quitters are the reason why I can't get 33-10.50's easily. They'd make more if there was more demand.

Then again, 16" wheels means that I could run 13" OD brake rotors, hum.......

I have been thinking the same thing. I need to research possible rotor and caliper candidates. 3rd gen 4Runner?

Moving to Alaska I want a a/t. I also asked about the 255/85/16 and they couldn't find any. They have 235/85 r16 but I don't want a 10 ply tire. Those sizes would also require buying new rims.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom