33x 1050 no lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just for the sake of being informative and share my joy with you all I want you all to know that last week I fit BFG T/A ko's 33x1050 on my stock rim with my stock shocks and stock springs, and they fit perfectly. There is plenty of steering room and took it off road this week (nothing crazy) and had no problems. Since the rest of the suspension is original I don't have much articulation to worry about to begin with. If anyone else wants to get a 2" lift without suspension from your stock tires, go this route, it looks great. I'll try and put up a pic of it later.

here's mine with stock almost flat springs.
IMG_2319.jpg

im on 32/11.5s with almost flat springs. i get a little rub on tight turns and over quick mumps. seems like a width issue more than height. really looking forward to the 2.5" lift and moving to 33 10.5s; i know there are tons of links and discussions on suspension, but, i cant seem to pull the 1500usd trigger on the full ome kit.

im on 32/11.5s with almost flat springs. i get a little rub on tight turns and over quick mumps. seems like a width issue more than height. really looking forward to the 2.5" lift and moving to 33 10.5s; i know there are tons of links and discussions on suspension, but, i cant seem to pull the 1500usd trigger on the full ome kit.

it's well worth the money...I just had ACC put the OME Heavies on mine. It's officially a luscious ride now...

When I can get my pictures to a computer with internet I'll put up some of the pics. Everything ran well without rub in snow, mud and plenty o' bumps.

here's mine with stock almost flat springs.

Hey Rustybones. I recently bought you truck's twin. Maybe that's why people I don't know keep waving at me on the highway? Either that or Cruiser people are just real darn friendly.

Are you using the same wheels as oleblue62? Do you take it off road without any issues? We use ours for daily driving and plan on a fair bit of offroad as well. Our springs are also pretty flat.

you got some space

yes your springs look flat but there appears to be a lot (3-4 inches) of space between the top of axle and the bump stop for whatever reason...more than mine on my 88' FJ62 (which I'm looking for tires hence the interest). perhaps it is the photo or angle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom