33’s or 35’s for the 3-FE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. So I plan on buying a 3 inch lift for my fj80 and was looking for opinions on whether or not I should get 33’s or 35’s to go with the 3 inch lift. I feel like 33’s with the 3 inch lift might look a little funny, but I’m worried about losing torque on the 3-FE if I go with 35’s (unless I regear to 4.88s which I am highly considering)

anyone have any thoughts on what I should do? my travel will be more overlanding/ highway driving to get to the overlaying spots (I live relatively away from them) + a small amount of off-roading

Skip the lift and stick with stock tires for bit. You can fit 33's without a lift but from the purposes you state above (overlanding/highway driving and small amount of off roading) you will have plenty of capability in its stock form. If you find it is keeping you from getting where you want to go than upgrade at that point.

^^^ Agreed. Or, if you feel you really need a lift, get a small one. The 1.75” Dobinsons is attractive. 3” will potentially open up a can of worms with driveline angles and vibes.

depending on what your goal is for the 80. I have gone to 33s, 35s and now 37s on my 91.... and with 35s, you would want to regear. IMO, 37s and 4.88 or 5.29 is a sweet spot for the 80s, but will require tons more work to fit 37s

Hey guys. So I plan on buying a 3 inch lift for my fj80 and was looking for opinions on whether or not I should get 33’s or 35’s to go with the 3 inch lift. I feel like 33’s with the 3 inch lift might look a little funny, but I’m worried about losing torque on the 3-FE if I go with 35’s (unless I regear to 4.88s which I am highly considering)

anyone have any thoughts on what I should do? my travel will be more overlanding/ highway driving to get to the overlaying spots (I live relatively away from them) + a small amount of off-roading
I’ve got and OME 2.5 with 33s. I like the look and performance is still fine. Would not have 35s with the stock gearing though.

3DFCB22F-FC75-4A8F-99CA-1F9A6AA5F309.jpeg

Hi, We have 33s and 2 1/2 lift. For me that’s enough. Mike

What do you need a lift for? Slap on the 33's, gear up to 4.88 and go wheeling. Lift in this vehicle is really not necessary, and IMHO it looks and handles better without a lift. I would not recommend 35's, completely unnecessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom