$33k for a cherry fzj80??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yeah! Thats what the minivan cost to get my wife out of the cruiser;)

After 5 years of waiting the cruiser is mine....I no longer drive a beat to :censor: sedan. I have a CD player and working odometer for the first time in 5 years! So, she won't let me mod it until the minivan is paid off. She was really resistant to giving it up but if you get her pregnant enough times it will eventually come back. so guess that cruiser cost me a couple hundred thou with the ammertised cost of the third child:grinpimp:

So now I got my 97FZJ 80 with 95K original on the WORKING ODOMETER:beer: No longer a lurker. Oh, the 40 never stopped growing just feels good to have another cruiser to modify.

Dan

Man, your title had me ready to put a "for sale" sign on my cruiser.:D You just need to find the right angle to work to get her on-board the modding train. Good luck.

Matt

She gets a new vehicle and you get restrictions? Man up.

-Spike

That went a different direction than the title. Good work on wrestling it from the :princess:, glad you did not actually pay $33k for it.

-Spike

your just jealous I have one of the only unmolested 97s with under 100K miles:p

-Spike

+a million!!!! :rolleyes:. Seriosly I just don't understand a situation when a man talks like a women. Not trying to offend anyone, so don't get me right.:doh:

+a million!!!! :rolleyes:. Seriosly I just don't understand a situation when a man talks like a women. Not trying to offend anyone, so don't get me right.:doh:

-Spike

Sweeeet.....the fun police...

Congrats on the "new" 80. Small mods like extended diff breathers, cdl switch, ect. are cheap and easy. This way you can work on the cruiser and keep the :princess: happy. :beer:

Dude, using that sort of math, my 80 cost me $300,000 and still counting when I consider the divorce,paying her for the house, etc. in order to buy an 80.

-Spike

Marriage = you get restrictions.

Kids = you get more restrictions.

s***ty economy = oh, fawk it.

Let's not pretend that this is why most people spend far more time on MUD than they do wheeling, me included :flipoff2:

A minivan is a perfect compliment to an 80, build it as you want and can, but more importantly, wheel it. You can have a lot of fun in such a capable stocker.

ok .. I'm in problems .. how to avoid this part .. ? :)

Hey, four kids means you have to drive an 80.

And you really need to build it to be taking your family on trails like Golden Spike and Elephant Hill (well, not really Elephant Hill, but we can stretch it a bit :D) - going by yourself means your kids miss out on going to some of the coolest spots on the planet, and if you leave it too close to stock, don't you know that you'll be spending more on repairs than the cost of mods?

Buying an 80 for your family and modifying it so you don't break it all the time is an investment not an expense.

It's all how you spin it :D
Moab Golden Crack1.jpg
Ehill Lunch.jpg
Joint Axel.jpg

Last edited:
congrats, that is awesome... i am very jealous! :)

wifee and i just had a talk last nite, and it looks like i'm going to be a lurker indefinitely now... ;)
(so i know where you're coming from)

This years Rubithon falls during Fathers Day, I may just load the kids up for a fathers day at the springs

Marriage = you get restrictions.

Kids = you get more restrictions.

s***ty economy = oh, fawk it.

Meh, I've got all of the above, and the wife is convinced I need to buy some new 37's so we can do Moab. :flipoff2:

-Spike

Meh, I've got all of the above, and the wife is convinced I need to buy some new 37's so we can do Moab. :flipoff2:

-Spike

Well done :clap:

I need 37's for Moab, too :grinpimp:

Take your wife on a trail with a group, and get everyone in the group to comment that you need new tires. Having bald tires doesn't hurt. :D

-Spike

The new wife does like wheeling but as much as she likes driving the 80 would prefer a built 55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom