330 CEL code (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Seems like I just recently saw a post, but I cannot pull it out of the archives

Can somebodt point me to an explaination/solution to a 330 CEL code on my scan gauge ?

P0325: Knock sensor 1 circuit malfunction: Trouble Areas: Open or short in knock sensor 1 circuit; knock sensor 1 (looseness); ECM.

P0330: Knock sensor 2 circuit malfunction: Trouble Areas: Same as P0325 except at sensor 2

-o-

So... Which one is Knock sensor 2? My truck pulled a P0330 yesterday.

Well, my connector was fine. A call to Cruiserdan got me a replacement knock sensor. An hour of fiddling around taking my time removing the old one and putting in the new and the truck is much happier. It is amazing how messed up a knock sensor can make the truck seem. Its also weird how long it takes the code to surface.

The indicators: Gas mileage plumeted. Two months later the P0330 came on. I reset the computer. Mileage was still nasty, but it took another two months for the code to pop up again.

I kept trying to track down a 'primary cause' for the mileage hit while thinking that 'just a knock sensor' couldn't be causing it.

Mileage with bad knock sensor ~8mpg
Mileage with new working knock sensor ~15mpg

Truck now shows considerably more power.

I did mine through the wheel well. I didn't have to remove anything, just worked slow and careful. Getting a 24mm deep well back in there northwest of the PHH was easy enough. Figuring out a good way to get a 1/2" ratchet in there to turn it... that was tricky (two 4" extensions with the ratchet at 8 O'clock).

I have no idea what can cause one of these to go bad. But, its clearly possible. It also destroys mpg. Lesson learned.

IMHO YMMV.

Wobble extensions work wonders in cases like this. Allow a few degrees of off-center movement.

regards,

I've just got the p0330 as well.

My guess is while trying to remove the PHH i might have hit this wire on accident and popped it out. As soon as i had the PHH done and system flushed noticed the truck running a little rougher on acceleration.

Have been getting the p0330 ever since, as soon as i clear it, it pops back up.

I will be going in there later tonight to see if i can solder the connection back.

From reading the other fix thread, i see how to do most of it, but where does the wire connect to on the opposite end (not the sensor end on the block) The "fix" thread never mentioned that part or showed any pics for that part. I sent the OP of that thread a PM but he still hasn't responded and hasn't been on the forum in 15 days.

Well, my connector was fine. A call to Cruiserdan got me a replacement knock sensor. An hour of fiddling around taking my time removing the old one and putting in the new and the truck is much happier. It is amazing how messed up a knock sensor can make the truck seem. Its also weird how long it takes the code to surface.

The indicators: Gas mileage plumeted. Two months later the P0330 came on. I reset the computer. Mileage was still nasty, but it took another two months for the code to pop up again.

I kept trying to track down a 'primary cause' for the mileage hit while thinking that 'just a knock sensor' couldn't be causing it.

Mileage with bad knock sensor ~8mpg
Mileage with new working knock sensor ~15mpg

Truck now shows considerably more power.

I did mine through the wheel well. I didn't have to remove anything, just worked slow and careful. Getting a 24mm deep well back in there northwest of the PHH was easy enough. Figuring out a good way to get a 1/2" ratchet in there to turn it... that was tricky (two 4" extensions with the ratchet at 8 O'clock).

I have no idea what can cause one of these to go bad. But, its clearly possible. It also destroys mpg. Lesson learned.

IMHO YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom