33" Tires on '95 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I know everyone will have thoughts on this, and I would really appreciate your advice. I have a '95 cruiser. I am in high school, so I am not exactly loaded with cash. I want to get 33" (285) Goodyear Wrangler M/T's with a 2.5" OME lift. I don't have that kind of money right now, so do you guys think those tires would work for a while without a lift, or would they rub really badly when I go off-road? If you don't think it would work, do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
Colin

Last edited:
Colin,

This site has a great deal of information on lifts and tire sizes with and without lifts. You may want to try using the 'search' button, but I believe they may work if memory serves me correctly. I did run 32" Yokohama Mud Diggers on my first 80-series with no rubbing but it depends what type of driving you do (rock crawling, expedition, etc). Gook luck and welcome.

Colin I did exactly the same thing (285/75R16 MT/Rs) on my stock 94 before I had the OME lift put on. Granted I did not wheel it hard but I never had any rubbing issues either and I can understand not wanting to buy tires twice.

Cgg, i know this is redundant, but you'll be fine. Here's my 96 before lift with 16" rims, 33" Mickey Thompsons.

285/75/16 Goodyear MT/Rs on a stock rig will not rub, a simple search would have given you hundreds of the same answer ;)

eggkick - Welcome to the forum :flipoff2: Now, please read the FAQ listing - trust me, you'll get some great info including max tire size without lift :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom