33 or 35 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

G

I have 32 x 11.5's on my 40 witha 4" skyjacker, the tires are old and i will upgrade in the near future. Just wondering if anyone out there has run 35x12.5 with no power steering. I Know i can clear them but can i turn them. Just womdering if it would be much diff then my 32's.

thanks

run 33's dude youll be much happier with em.or if you are real strong then go with 35's.or get the 35's then ps.either way the flex is the real issue.got the rear trimmed?if not go 33 if so go 35 and worry bout sterring later.you can turn em.im 5'8" and i can turn 35 no prob.but not when im on my side :D
either will wear on ya
shawn

35's without question....it will force the power steering issue just that much quicker! :D

Mine drives great on 35's with no power steering ??? I was planning on adding it after my TPI lift but now I don't really think I need it.

Go 33's! 35's are huge and make you look like a redneck. :p

I'm with Rockjock on this one (Unless you are a hardcore rock crawler like Woody and have reason for the huge tires)

If you go with the 35's make sure you get one of those "No Fear!" stickers or the guy peeing on the jeep logo - they kind of go hand in hand.

No offense to anyone, just my opinion.

35's for a redneck?!?!?!?!?!?!? AHHHHHHH im going 36's, and im the farthest thing from a redneck, its all in the name of wheelin. I could go 42's if i did the SOA with my lifter springs, but i thought that was a little much, getting towards hickish. JMO

Go 33's!  35's are huge and make you look like a redneck. :p

:D

I live in Alabama, what can I say :D

I ran 35s with a lockright in the front w/o power for a while. As long as you were moving it wasnt that bad. But power made it a whole lot better.

35's REDNECK ? Im runnin 38's and wouldnt trade them for all the 33's out there. :D

fact! big rubber + big horsepower is what separates the men from the boys. go big or go home! or get yer ass ta moab in april and retain all braggin rights.
rednecks welcome

I'm a REDNECK AND LOVE MY 35"S :D.33"s are gay :p.just start working out and you can turn em even with a locker but power steerin dont cost to much it would be a good idea

Roughly how much does it cost do power steering, what is the least expensive way to do it? I am in school and broke. How hard is it to do yourself and how much would a average shop charge? Also would there be any problems installing ps because i have a small block 350?

thanks

burrows

PS with a 350 is easy...IIRC, my Scout setup ran under $200, but I made my own double steering arm, a custom steering shaft, etc. &nbsp:Done RIGHT with histeer, it's more in the $500+ range. I'm still working on finishing mine up right, just did Flaming River joints this winter and histeer is next for this spring.

I have a 350 and I used mini truck ps cost 100.00 for bracket and 25 for steering box and 14 for the pump at the pull it yard took about 3 hours real eazy but you may run into clearence issue with manifolds

Just my 2 cents:
Wheeler/Driver: 33's with mini-truck power steering
Full time wheeler: 35's with Saginaw power steering

Also, are your rear fenders cut out? If not you might run into clearance probs with just a 4" spring lift. You might need to add some extended shackles and trim some to clear 35's. I have the 4" Skyjacker kit and I clear 33's with no probs. If I upgraded to 35's I would absolutely need to cut out my rear fenders to clear them.

Well, from this thread I have learned that in some people's opinion I am "real strong" :D and a "redneck" :eek: for having 35's and no power steering. Actually, I claim to be neither 8).

HAHAHAHA

Anyways, I have no probs with them on or off road until I get one in a tight spot with like a wall of dirt on the sidewall, then there is no hope to turn them. And yes, it sure motivates you to put P/S up higher on the "I want" list.

What do you all think about the jt outfitters setup, seems a little steep but it looks complete. Anyone one know how much it costs to get ps proffesionally installed?

burrows

jeeez i feel like a wimp i have power stearing and im only running 29s but i think i will upgrade to 33s this weekend my sag setup cost less than 200 dollers including buring the boX mounting plate tie rod and tie rod end from downy off road and i put in a chevy tilt collom while i was at it

That bracket that JTOutfitters makes for toyota boxes looks real nice.

?? Would it be better to go that way and avoid such a long steering shaft that the other setups have which put the box so far forward, or the other where you can eliminate that drag bar or whatever it's called that goes from the box to the center arm?

Any opinions. Thanks

:Dpowersteering is a must! :D

so are tires 35" and up :D

just my opinon for good wheelin in BC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom