33 inch tires on 2007 LC with AHC (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is exactly what I mean. Thank you for clarifying. Except it is not really "overloading" the truck. You can still be within weight limits but the AHC will select LOW. It is perfectly safe and normal. The manual just says to be careful with bumps etc.

Thank you! That is exactly the answer I was hoping for. I wouldn't want to be stuck (unable to steer because of the tires rubbing) when the truck decides to drop into LOW.

The FAQ thread covers all of this... :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

How are 33” when you drive in Low AHC setting? Not that I would want to do that but if you pack a lot of stuff for camping Low maybe the only option (until you eat all your food and burn your wood 😃).

As others have said/experienced my 33's are totally fine. Zero rubbing at any point I've experienced on my stock 99 LC w/o AHC and my 06LX with AHC, even in L. 33.5" would be cutting it real close and 33.75" and up and you probably need to count on some hammering and need to watch the liner on the front real close.

As others have said/experienced my 33's are totally fine. Zero rubbing at any point I've experienced on my stock 99 LC w/o AHC and my 06LX with AHC, even in L. 33.5" would be cutting it real close and 33.75" and up and you probably need to count on some hammering and need to watch the liner on the front real close.

My 33.5's fit fine, until I added wheel spacers to the stock wheels. Had to beat down the pinch weld. Simple fix.

I'm running 285/70/17's (32.7") on my AHC equipped 06 with no issues. I did heat up and smooth down the plastic shroud covering the pinch weld in the wheel well. All good.

Great information. What offset wheels?

Rock Warriors with 1.25" Spydertrax spacers. I know I did the math on the offset adding the spacers to the RW's, but I don't recall the difference from stock. The tires do sit outside the fender line just a bit, and I was a bit concerned initially but the truck handles and feels really great to me. Very happy with the net result. I have Pirelli All Terrain Scorpio D rated tires; they were highly rated on Tire Rack but they are rarely spoken about on this forum. I have about 8,000 mile on them and I'm happy. Quiet on the freeway and in town and very good off-road (ski resorts, and Baja dirt).

lc100.jpg

I didn't have to do the pinch weld mod on my 100 (factory height AHC) with 285/70R17's, but my offset is 30. On big bumps or reversing out of a driveway fast I do sometimes rub on the fender liner right by the washer fluid bottle. I wonder if 34's (285/75/17's) will rub the pinch weld with a 30 offset wheel.

I didn't have to do the pinch weld mod on my 100 (factory height AHC) with 285/70R17's, but my offset is 30. On big bumps or reversing out of a driveway fast I do sometimes rub on the fender liner right by the washer fluid bottle. I wonder if 34's (285/75/17's) will rub the pinch weld with a 30 offset wheel.

They do for me with a 40 offset, I bet they will with 30 as well.

Edit: flattened pinch weld, trimmed bumper corner and now rub no more.

I ran 285/70 R18's with 35mm offset wheels, no rubbing on pinch weld or where the washerfluit rez is
72193103_763362370778482_7160089874073124864_o.jpg

now I run 35's and had to smash the pinch weld, add bigger bumpstops and am going to relocate the washer fluid rez.
i-K9VmXFd-X3.jpg

Damn that's a pretty rig. How big of a bump stop did you need? Still decent up travel?
Thanks!!! for the rear I added 1.5 inches to the bumpstops, for the front I added about 10mm, might add another 5mm to the front.
116263653_988659171582133_8746975484245670471_o.jpg
i-VRtnJ4C-X3 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom