33 inch tires on 2007 LC with AHC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm close to buying a 2007 Land Cruiser that has AHC. Can I run 33's on this truck? Thanks for any info and advice.

I have 33.4" tires on AHC (sensor lift) and fits fine. No spacers, rubs just a hair on the sway bar at full lock

4aiq80.jpg

Thanks; I hear you can buy chip that leaves AHC in high all the time; have you ever heard of this?

Yea, don't do it. Just do the sensor lift. It'll ride like s*** in high all the time. The chip you are referring to is discontinued.

I have a mild adjustment on mine to clear the tires to keep a decent ride.

Yea, don't do it. Just do the sensor lift. It'll ride like s*** in high all the time. The chip you are referring to is discontinued.

I have a mild adjustment on mine to clear the tires to keep a decent ride.
I'm new to this.....what's the sensor lift? Hopefully the batman guy can take my questions without coming unglued!

No sensor lift is "needed" to run 33s with AHC. Just install and ride.

Exactly. What’s with all this sensor lift talk. I ran 33s on my 07 with AHC for years. Lots of trail time and never once rubbed.

I like the extra clearance and look the sensor lift gives.

Check the FAQ's, TRM

Running 32.6 on stock wheels with AHC, no issues whatsoever. Assuming they're not crazy wide or on wheels with incorrect offset I can't imagine the .4" would make much of a difference.

@TRMontana simple advice: forget any kind of lift at all. AHC override, sensor lift, nothing. Not required by any means and not really even helpful in most cases.

Get the tires, throw em on and drive. 33" requires literally nothing. Install and drive. Functional AHC is a 2" lift on demand. More than enough to get you through most trails in the interesting parts of the US. Focus on all the baseline maintenance that you will soon find out you need. ;)

@TRMontana simple advice: forget any kind of lift at all. AHC override, sensor lift, nothing. Not required by any means and not really even helpful in most cases.

Get the tires, throw em on and drive. 33" requires literally nothing. Install and drive. Functional AHC is a 2" lift on demand. More than enough to get you through most trails in the interesting parts of the US.

How are 33” when you drive in Low AHC setting? Not that I would want to do that but if you pack a lot of stuff for camping Low maybe the only option (until you eat all your food and burn your wood 😃).

How are 33” when you drive in Low AHC setting? Not that I would want to do that but if you pack a lot of stuff for camping Low maybe the only option (until you eat all your food and burn your wood 😃).
How are you driving in low? System automatically goes to N after like 10-15mph...

I think he's saying when you overload the truck and it drops to low in fail safe mode

I think he's saying when you overload the truck and it drops to low in fail safe mode
Ok. That’s happened to me plenty of times. Especially fun when it drops to low in the middle of a trail. The tires are fine in low, no rubbing.

How are you driving in low? System automatically goes to N after like 10-15mph...

That is exactly what I mean. Thank you for clarifying. Except it is not really "overloading" the truck. You can still be within weight limits but the AHC will select LOW. It is perfectly safe and normal. The manual just says to be careful with bumps etc.

Ok. That’s happened to me plenty of times. Especially fun when it drops to low in the middle of a trail. The tires are fine in low, no rubbing.

Thank you! That is exactly the answer I was hoping for. I wouldn't want to be stuck (unable to steer because of the tires rubbing) when the truck decides to drop into LOW.

If your system is tuned and pressures are in spec this shouldn’t be an issue; neglect it and you may have problems.

FWIW, 33” tires are direct bolt on, no issues upgrade on every Toyota or Lexus UZJ100. It’s probably the most common tire size on this forum and should have been stock equipment. If you want to run them then run them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom