33 inch MTRs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How long will they last? How many miles should I see with these?

I've had mine (285's) for almost 3 years.... bout 35K miles on them.

I've relegated one to be a permanent spare. Some bad scalloping on the edges.

The remaing 4 have been in rotation for about a year now and are wearing pretty evenly. I could honestly probably get another 10K out of them easy, but am thinking about getting new treads soon.

Three trips out to Colorado, and some mild stuff in between (mostly dirt and mud when it's wet) is the extent of off-road mileage.

My old roommate had them on his tacoma (much lighter than a LC) and wasn't impressed with them or their wear. They seemed to wear out kinda quickly compared to his BFG MT/KM's.

30K so far...

Great wear...mainly highway/city driving with some occasional off road.

I also rotate them/balance them every 3K religiously.

I hate this question.

The answer is, "it depends."

It really depends on whether or not your plan on using your rig and these tires off road.

How many miles did I burn off my MTRs when I was spinning my tires in THAT hole? 10 miles? 100 miles? 500 miles? I know I burned some rubber off...I can see the remnants of the rubber in the dirt...how many miles was that?

Is there really a way to tell?

From what I've read and talked to people, the MTR's seem to wear better on a heavier truck, just an observation I could be wrong :D. Doug is right, I've shreaded up my rear tires trying to get up a hill laying rubber down all the way up. Depends on how you drive, maintence, etc..

My dad has had his on for about 35-40k and they still look really good:confused:

People always seem to want their tires to last forever, when the reality is no tire lasts for all that long if you are really having fun.

I'd look at it this way: you are going to spend a grand on a set of tires. Try to minimize your cost per wheeling trip by choosing tires that will be effective on the most possible trips. Get 50 trips out of them and you only paid $20 a trip. Wheel twice and year and burn 'em up on the road and you probably paid $250 a trip.

Nay

Actually I already have the MTRs on my truck and they have about 7000-8000 miles on them and really love the tires. I can't say they are the best in the snow. They seem a little slippery when driving on snow and ice...They good news is I can get at least another 10000 miles before I would want to replace them...I think the real answer will be once I get enough miles on them and the tread isn't new anymore I will loose some of their off-road capabilities. Once I hit that I iwll look at getting another set of the MTRs....but may look at something different...

My 33" MTR's have 35k on them and only have 5-10k left.

I've wheeled them pretty hard the last couple outings and use it for towing every now and then. I'm missing chunks from the knobbies and the front only have ~3/8" left with the back having ~1/2" (time to rotate).

All in all, I'm very happy with the MTR performance and plan on getting another set. I will admit the road noise is kinda annoying but thats the price you pay for off-road performance.

hope this helps.

WET

got 37k on a set and then sold them for $250.

they had just a tad under half the original tread left at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom