32X11.50 BFGs on Stock Rims? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I safely run 32X11.50 BFGs on STOCK Rims with a 2.5 OME lift?

This will be a temporary solution until I can get the cash to buy some rockcrawlers, but I have an imediate need for new tires.

In searching threads I didn't recieve a difintive answer on this question and am ready to pull the trigger on a set.

Thanks for the help fellas!:beer:

don't know for sure but i would say yes, go ahead and get them because i don't see a problem with it. i have ran 35-12.5 on 15x8 rims with absolutely no problem, also currently have 284/75R16 (~33x11.5 measured) on my factory 97 chevy rims and have beat them to death with no regreats

That's exactly the setup I'm running on my 62 with no problems at all. My tires are about wore out so when I replace them I'm going with 33 x 10.5 tires on 15 x8 Rockcrawlers. I really like the way that combo looks.

Pretty much what I've got too. I've had no problems.

zcruizer_004.JPG

Thanks guys! :beer:

I have read some negative things about gearing when going with 33s. I went that route would it affect things like going uphill?

Yah, you lose a little torque at the wheels (if that's the right term), and really need to gear down to make it right.

Lots of tire stores will not install a 10.5" wide tire on a 6" wide wheel much less a 11.5" tire on a 6" wide wheel. The tire is, IMHO, too wide for the stock wheel. Lots of people will disagree, but I tend to believe that BFG's engineers know what they are talking about when they specify a wider wheel.

My plan is to run them for the short term until I can put together the greenies to pick up some rockcrawlers and I would like more size than the 31s.

same setup here... works fine but i would go wider if i could. i think the narrow rim sort of rounds the tread a bit. my .02 :beer:

FJ60-Hokie said:
My plan is to run them for the short term until I can put together the greenies to pick up some rockcrawlers and I would like more size than the 31s.

Summit carries 15x8 us wheel (black steels) for 40 bucks a piece...I donno if youre interested or not, but theyre cheaper than "rock crawlers" and look about the same.

Chicago

chicago said:
Summit carries 15x8 us wheel (black steels) for 40 bucks a piece...I donno if youre interested or not, but theyre cheaper than "rock crawlers" and look about the same.

Chicago

Thanks for the heads up.

What is really the difference between rock crawlers and black steel wheels.

If I can ride out the stock rims for a few months I should be able to save for the rockcrawlers.

I have 33 12.50 15's on stock rims with no problems at all. I painted the wheels flat black and it looks tits. I plan to go wider on the wheels but for now it works....and the chicks dig it.

FJ60-Hokie said:
Thanks for the heads up.

What is really the difference between rock crawlers and black steel wheels.

If I can ride out the stock rims for a few months I should be able to save for the rockcrawlers.

As best I can tell, its the name. Initially, I was looking at the rock crawlers, till I saw the summit steels. Im a cheap bastard though. The look good, theyre cheaper...thats what I got!

Chicago

Q: what's our bolt pattern, and will 15x8's still snug under the wheel wells?

A: 6 on 5.5", and I can't answer the other.

why not 33X10.5 or 9.5???? work great on stock wheels, and you can also have your stockers powdercoated black $25 Ea at les schwabb tire stores IIRC...

also, 33 chains, spares, etc are usually more common as well...

my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom