TLCA Cancelled! - 32nd Annual Rubithon Wagon Run Official Thread, Date Change - August 19-23, 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just registered to save my spot. I haven't even told my wife yet. Hush @CandyPants!! I may hold onto this surprise for a bit. Now I gotta make sure I can get the PTO on the work calendar. This trip will eat up just about all I have.
Awesome!

@MountNGoat You are in for some good times this year, you have the trifecta signed up (or signing up). With me, Kitty, and rumor has it...Mrs. Woody!

Request For Information [RFI-001]: Wagon Run start date

Event dates list Tuesday, June 23rd as first day, this thread says Wednesday, June 24th, and someone behind the scenes tells me Tuesday. . .please clarify?

As someone driving 39+ hours across the country, I'd hate to be a 24 hours late.

MapRoute.JPG

Not to highjack Steve's thread, but rest easy, there's an answer. Rubithon 'books' Rubicon springs from Tuesday to Sunday every year. These dates end up on various calendars that tell folks what's happening on the trail, so folks know that if they are not part of the Rubithon, and they end up on the trial, they are going be surrounded by lots of new friends.

The Wagon Run leaves Loon Lake Wednesday morning, June 24th. @MountNGoat can give you more details. He'll be gentle. Glad to you folks making such a long trek to have fun with us on the Rubicon Trail.

Request For Information [RFI-001]: Wagon Run start date

Event dates list Tuesday, June 23rd as first day, this thread says Wednesday, June 24th, and someone behind the scenes tells me Tuesday. . .please clarify?

As someone driving 39+ hours across the country, I'd hate to be a 24 hours late.

View attachment 2208289

Check out the first post in this thread. It has all of the logistics. People usually camp near the start of the trail on the (Tuesday) night before to make the Wednesday 7:00 am start time easier to deal with.

getting old rusty ready for the trip, she's a little worse than we thought but she's going to make a great wagon runner ( i Hope)

IMG_0866.JPG

IMG_0871.JPG

IMG_0873.JPG

IMG_0876.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

Registered! Probably wont be driving my rig. Good thing the family has a small fleet!
Maybe a non wagon :hmm:

"Maybe a non wagon :hmm:" ... we shall see. I can be bribed :cool:.

Daydreaming about making this... immediately after GSMTR.
What would happen if I signed up for a Wednesday run but got delayed till Thursday? Would I be turned away or could I get on another run at the last minute?
Also, would I still qualify for an Iron Ass award as a Floridian even if I came from Tennessee? :grinpimp:

Daydreaming about making this... immediately after GSMTR.
What would happen if I signed up for a Wednesday run but got delayed till Thursday? Would I be turned away or could I get on another run at the last minute?
Also, would I still qualify for an Iron Ass award as a Floridian even if I came from Tennessee? :grinpimp:
No worries. Just let your trail leader know so they can hit the trail. Otherwise, just come on in, we'll all be at Rubicon Springs waiting for you.
As to the Iron Butt, you could be "a contenda".

Registered. :)

Well, for all of you 'sheltering in place' and wondering about how the Coronavirus may affect this year's Rubithon, I thought I would throw a few things out for consideration:

-Ross Woody put out a statement on TLCA's Facebook page regarding TLCA-Sanctioned events that have been (or may be) affected by the Coronavirus. You should take a few minutes to read it over.

-With regards to the Rubithon, there are no plans to reschedule at this point, but, 'out of an abundance of caution', contingency plans are in the works for an alternate date in the event that this thing gets drawn out past the end of April. I'm sure by the time this is over we'll all want to head for the hills.

-One of the major unknowns is how schools across the country will handle this, and what impact, if any, it will have on summer vacations. Here in California we have a pretty good idea of what the schools intend to do, and right now it doesn't appear it will impact the Rubithon. This may be different depending on what portion of the country you are in, individual state policies and how your respective school districts elect to react to the situation. We'll just have to wait and see. Considering last years rescheduled dates that ended up on the first week of school, I want to avoid a repeat and ensure families can attend.

-I'll try to keep everyone up to date on what's happening with regards to Rubithon. As always you can reach me at chairman@rubithon.com if you have a question you don't want to ask on an open forum.

Lastly, when the world hands you lemons, you make lemonade. We've adjusted to unplanned changes before and we will again. I hope to see everyone in June!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom