32/36 carb probs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Take it easy on me I just got the pig yesturday

How do I make my carb weber 32/36 go from open with the throttle closed

to closed with the throttle closed.

As it is it stays open all of the time
FJ55 f engine 4 speed

wd-40? you have a linkage problem. climb inside with motor off and wigglle a lot.

lots of luck.

I believe that I have the same carb on my pig. Would pics of my carb help? :confused:

Ethan wrote:
the longer I have my weber the more problems I have with it. Im planning on going to stock. hey want mine? it works. hehe.....no really.

I agree with Ethan :doh:, I have a stock 76ish carb just waiting on funds to get it rebuilt. :grinpimp:

Are you sure your throttle cable isn't stuck open...what I mean is, is it returning back to the closed position itself? I had a bad throttle cable and when I pressed on the gas peddle it would stay open due to rust and junk in the cable...just an idea.

I heared from a good source that the weber carbs will make your motor run good for a while. The problem is that your stuffing your cylinders with to much fuel washing the walls clean and causing wear. Sure someone will come one here say that they have run theirs for a long time and its been good. BUT Its not worth the risk. plus I have had so many other problems with them that Im ready to go to stock. I have never heard any bad thing about stock other than they don't give as much power. I have a Land Cruiser not a hot rod you need to understand that if you have the 6 cyl. your not going to go fast. swap out if thats what you want. just my 2 cents

nope not the throttle cable

Damn carbs

My buddy said to take off the plate on the engine side and adjust the tension screw for the flappy things.

Giving that a try manyana.

Thank you for all of your input

Try a heavier return spring.

Also disconnect the accelerator cable and make absolutely sure that there is not a burr in the cable that could be sticking. They don't last forever.

:)

Removed the spring housing on the engine side of the carb and wouldnt you know it. The post that controls the flapper things(i would like to know their name) was not connected.
So reconected the post found the sweet spot. She runs sooooo much better now.
Plus my confidence meter went up too.

Seeing as how I was messing with the engine I took this opertunity to change the oil and filter. Doing this gave me an excuse to change the oil in the wifes Jeep as well. Fun Fun Fun.

Quick Q where is the best place for an oil filler cap function over form Prices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom