32/10.5r15 on Stock 82 Truck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
I have been looking all over for any information on installing 32/10.5 r15 on my stock 82 pick-up. Will they fit without rubbing? I just bought the truck about a month ago and I'm currently running 31/10.5 r15s. I figure the same width would work but I'm not sure about the extra inch in height. I would rather not trim anything and I currently don't have the money for a lift. Also how hard is it going to be to find 32/10.5 r15s? Are they more available in a 16" rim?
Thanks for your help and if anyone has pictures of a stock height 81 or 82 with 32/10.5 r15, that would be great.

Currently how it sits.

IMG_3426.JPG

My '83 had 32s on it years ago, but it had 3" lift Rancho springs as well. Ill try and find some pictures tonight. A simple/cheap shackle lift can gain you a little elevation.

I'm also considering 265/75 r16s. I think they are about 32/10.50? But then again I'm not sure... I also thought of 235/85 r16s? Any thoughts?

It depends on the backspacing of the rims you have and how much your truck articulates. Just add and extra half inch or so of height to your current tires and you have it. Where people usually go wrong is by going to a 12.50" wide tire.

Just a quick update. I decided to stick with 31x10.5 R15s. They're easy to find and I don't have to worry about lifts or buying new wheels or anything. Since it's my wheelbarrow/Hunting truck I'll try and keep it simple... I think...??

New Tires.JPG

That looks like my 82 only mine is short bed and a lot rustier.

Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom