31s or 33s for tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
84 FJ60 stock suspension 15"wheels: I am purchasing BFG All Terrains, should I get 31 X 10.5 or 33s ???. Will the 33s fit, and if so, are'nt they a little big for stock suspension. What would be the best tire size for my situation. I will not be buying a suspension lift for a very long time $$$$.
I look forward for your suggestions.
:cheers:

33's will fit fine for road driving, but will rub if you wheel much. 10.5 is a little wide for the stock FJ60 wheels - I'd go 33x9.5 in BFG AT's in your situation.

33x9.5s are so cool looking! I want 35x10.5 but can't find anyone who makes them. the former is a classic cruiser tire size and as mentioned shouldn't cause the body rub with mild wheeling. Post pics once its done.

31x10.5s or 33x9.5 will fit. 33x12.5 won't.

here is our stock 90 fj62(close enough to a 60) with 33x9.5's on stock wheels, we really really like this set up
31898610.jpg

I am running 31X10.50 on my stock 60 - with stock rims. They are excellent. One difference worth noting is that the FJ60 has 3:70 gearing, and the 2F won't turn the bigger tires as well as 31s on hills at highway speeds. The FJ62 has 4:10 gearing, which provides somewhat better performance with the larger tires. If you do choose to go larger, 33X9.50 would be my first choice.

Mike

only pic of 33x10.5's I have are on my OME'd fj60
38346695.jpg

41394209.jpg

I did find a pic of the fj60 when it was stock with 33x9.5s, as you can see the rear doesn't have the quite the clearence the 62 does, funny the 60 when I took the pic only had 92k on it, the 62 has 200k
13356255.jpg

I would be very suprised if they(33x10.5s) fit a stock 60/2 unless it had springs in really good shape, pretty sure you would have some rubbing in the front at full lock and maybe the rear under certain situations

John H

Thanks for the pics guys, looks like I'll go 33 X 9.5s. I like the extra height and the narrower fit for the 6" wheel will be better. I'll post a pic after they are slapped on. It will pretty much look like VTCruisers stock 60. My truck looks identical. Cheers, for the pics.
Ben

it depends how well the stock springs are holding up. when i picked up our 60, it almost looked like it was lowered.
fj60.JPG

i doubt weither or not 33's would have fit on it, those are NOT 31's their some metric sized things, that were just as shot as the springs.

33's WILL fit now though :flipoff2:

Thanks for the help guys, I went for the 31x10.5s for several reasons. 1) $$ the 33s are harder to find and $100 more expensive. 2) my old suspension supports the 31s better, 3) I won't be getting a lift anytime soon, so I did not want the possibility of rubbing off-road. Hey Landpimp, my cruiser looks almost exactly like your stock FJ60. I'll post pictures as soon as I get my buddy's digital camera.
I appreciate the help.
:cheers:

Along this line of thought, I was wondering if anyone had a stock 62 or 60 with no sag...and if they do, can I get the measurement from the center of the hub to the fender lip? Or maybe Pimp could measure the OME'd 60? I'd just like to know here I'm starting at.

couldn't resist bro :D
Put some tires on that rig if you didn't already
red60.jpg

ya know what? thats PHAT and id pimp it fur sure.........(honestly it looks kinda cool)

But warning this opinion comes from someone who had a sofa, bed and TV all set up on their front lawn this weekend.....and thought it classed up the the joint ;)

I wish I knew how to do photochoping :(

John H

[quote author=Razor link=board=1;threadid=11773;start=msg108930#msg108930 date=1077550651]
couldn't resist bro :D
Put some tires on that rig if you didn't already
red60.jpg

[/quote]

Now your pimpin BRA!!

Line this up in your quiver of cruisers.........BAAAAAAAAAA :D :D

60choptop.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom