315s and trailer hitch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 315s and after getting a used hitch, found out it doesn't fit, any solutions?

is it an oem hitch? where is it hitting? ive got a 315 and a hitch. not sure its factory though. does your receiver hole sit below the hitch cross member? or is it flush with the crossmember? not sure which one is oem...i dont think mine is.

:confused:

do you mean to say that you have a 315 spare under there and you can't put the hitch on when the spare is on? Cuz of the receiver tube?

I got a stock hitch off another cruiser and when I went to mount it the tire sticks too far towards the back to allow me to match up the bolts on the hitch

maybe time to relocate the spare... if space isn't a big issue in back, i like my slee pole alot.

dumb question, did you try dropping the spare, mounting the hitch then cranking the spare back up? there is also a mod to "space" the spare lift higher to allow a wider tire more room unterneath

Well I have a hitch and can get my rear sway bar to rub a 285 tire so my guess is its not going to fit.

I got 315's and it hits/rubs my very rear muffler/resonator whatever u want to call it. I don't have a spare.

I'm, curious as to what wheel Toyota used as a spare, the sweet aluminum ones or cheaper steel? Me dunno...?:meh:

I got 315's and it hits/rubs my very rear muffler/resonator whatever u want to call it. I don't have a spare.

I'm, curious as to what wheel Toyota used as a spare, the sweet aluminum ones or cheaper steel? Me dunno...?:meh:
Your '96 450 should have come with a maching spare rim. I believe all lc's and lx's came with full-size matching spares, at least should have for $50K+

Justin

no spare, eh?
I would not hesitate to leave my spare(s) at home when driving around town, but you won't get me out there in the boonies without at least 1 good spare... (Not that I ever needed one, but eh...)

or was that no spare underneath?

I just threw on some 315's today. I have a factory hitch and I was able to get the spare crammed up there but it isn't pretty. I believe the "pan hard bar"?? is the liniting factor. There seems to be plenty of room on either side of the tire, but front to back the tire is pinned between the hitch and the pan hard bar. I don't mind that it hangs down, becasue I will take it out and throw it in the back when I wheeling. I just want to have it there for road trips mainly, and I suppose around town too.

I am going to attempt the spare tire lift mod to see if that will help things out a bit.

I definitely need to get some heavies up front. The mediums are going to cut it with 315's ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom