315 Duratrac 16" discontinued (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just a heads up, I am not sure if I have seen this mentioned else where and I know the Duratrac's get a bad rap from some for having light sidewalls but I have used and liked the tire for quite a while. It is lighter than many of the other 315's by as much as 7%-22% and I feel like that helped with the old NA 1FZ lack of power. So if you are running Duratrac's you might need to consider other options moving forward. I kind of wonder if I just bite the bullet and go to 17's?

I have really let my Land Cruiser passion dwindle lately and I am hoping to spark it back up this spring with some great trips. So I guess I need to do some shoe shopping! Haha.

One by one the 16" variety is dropping. Someone needs to make a 17" replica of the OE wheels.

Yes, Goodyear discontinued the 315/75R16 in both the Duratrac and MTR. I was ready for my 3rd set of Duratracs in that size, but had to go with Toyo AT3s to keep the size I wanted.

Very aware of this. Have been trying to keep running my OEM wheels but finding 16s are getting harder and harder

BFG KO2s are just as light if not lighter, newer and three peak snow rated.

Unless one digs the looks, I never saw a real reason to go with such an old tire. Heck, KO2s are old too now.

@scottryana also if you are in the market for some new shoes, check out this company we started stocking. They also have some nice beadlocks as well.

Such a small market would be hard to justify doing but I’d be a buyer. Would love to move up to 17s but don’t want to give up the OE wheel look.
For now yes, but give it some time and more tire manufacturers will drop 16's. Then the market for them will be hotter than Joey's mail box for turbo kits :p

That sucks. I really like(d) Duratracs. I only quit buying because I went bigger than 315s otherwise I would have got a 3rd set.

Kelly made a clone with very slightly different sidewall design. Wonder if they are still available.

yup a little less than two years ago when there was a pretty big tire shortage all you could find was 17's or bigger..and even then it was slim pickings 16's have become a niche size and no longer prioritized by tire manufacturers. At that point I made the jump to 17's. The cost stung a bit, but ohwell.

Yeah it's too bad I know 17's have a lot more tire and size options but for off-road a 16" with a little more sidewall has always been great and cheaper. I don't see a lot of benefit of 17's over 16's for the same size tire except for looks.

Last edited:
Yeah it's too bad I know 17's have a lot more tire and size options but for off-road a 16" with a little more sidewall has always been great and cheaper. I don't see a lot of benefit of 17's over 16's for the same size tire except for looks.
I’ve found that there seems to be a better selection for 15s than 16s now and decided to keep 15s on my 40

I’ve found that there seems to be a better selection for 15s than 16s now and decided to keep 15s on my 40
Yeah but 15's won't fit over the brakes on an 80 I don't believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom